DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Records

Rex Peters

Reactions
As a "Basic" licensed drone pilot in Canada, the flights need to be documented. I see they are kept in a folder called FlightRecords on my iPad mini and they are text files. There is also a subfolder called MCDatFlightRecords that has nothing in it. Firstly, if Transport Canada asked for paper copies of my flight records, how would I do that? Secondly, what is the reason for the empty subfolder mentioned above? BTW, I have a Mavic mini and a brand new Mavic Air 2.
Thank you,
Rex

The app provides very abbreviated summaries in the flight list in the profile section of the app but they are very brief.
If your authorities want full copies of the logs you would HAVE to give them copies of the original electronic files, there is simply too much information to print out paper copies otherwise. For a single log the spreadsheet runs to around 200 columns and I have seen over 10,000 lines.

The txt files can be processed, one by one, by the program CsvView CsvView Downloads and you can export the csv via the export button on the top LHS. If you want to create the csv's en masse see post #1 in [TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter and "notice 3"

Do neither the MM nor the MA2 create DAT files?
My MM does create them but I do not have an MA2,
What version of the app are you using, and what phone?
Do you have the App set to sync your flight records with DJI? I do not sync as I have read that the process wipes the DAT's, whether that is true I do not know and I am not prepared to gamble or experiment. I do not remember seeing anyone contradict my impression but I would still not sync.

Post #13 in LOGs inside the SD card - I WANT TO KNOW might be of interest

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your explanation. I wonder how other Canadian pilots log their flights. Log book? Or electronically? This flight logging is a requirement as per our license but I don’t really expect that I will need to show the logs if I fly responsibly and respectfully.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio