DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Rules and a Germany Question

REKANIX

Reactions
Hey guys. I was curious, is it considered flying over people if you fly over a road with cars driving? I was taking photos of a business and needed to fly across the road - I wasn’t sure if I needed to wait for a break in traffic to keep from flying over them?

I got in trouble Saturday (sort of) with the park rangers at a local state park. They told me I couldn’t fly over federal land (or something like that), and I told them they didn’t have jurisdiction over the airspace and that I didn’t take off from state park property (although I was 10 foot from it). They allowed me to fly but said there were falcons on that side that were protected and not to fly over there. I respected that and we shook hands and talked small talk while I flew. Was I wrong? And I know we’re not allowed to fly in national parks, but state parks?

Last question for now - we’re planning to go visit my daughter and son in law in Germany next year. How can I find out what I need to know about taking and flying my drone? Thanks, guys!

That’s a good question. I know that you can’t fly over military installations or over federal buildings, but you may want to look up state regulations regarding state parks and land. As for Germany, definitely brush up on there laws, they may end up confiscating your drone and end up in court fighting getting it back. Best of luck

Hey guys. I was curious, is it considered flying over people if you fly over a road with cars driving? I was taking photos of a business and needed to fly across the road - I wasn’t sure if I needed to wait for a break in traffic to keep from flying over them?

I got in trouble Saturday (sort of) with the park rangers at a local state park. They told me I couldn’t fly over federal land (or something like that), and I told them they didn’t have jurisdiction over the airspace and that I didn’t take off from state park property (although I was 10 foot from it). They allowed me to fly but said there were falcons on that side that were protected and not to fly over there. I respected that and we shook hands and talked small talk while I flew. Was I wrong? And I know we’re not allowed to fly in national parks, but state parks?

Last question for now - we’re planning to go visit my daughter and son in law in Germany next year. How can I find out what I need to know about taking and flying my drone? Thanks, guys!

i've just wrote this comment els where asking about the rules in germany

here you go

hi
yes here in Germany all the drones over 250 gram have to be insured , and another thing it has to have some thing like fire proof license plate with these info : your name , address and mobile number .
if you are flying a drone wight more than 2.5 KG you will need a license , something like driver's license
and the law here too restricted you need to check your flying location in a special German map the app called : DFS DROHNEN , or AirMap

here you can find how to get an insurance

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian