DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Zoom Flight through my neighborhood.

Palerider

Premium Pilot
Reactions
This video was taken in July 2020. I was VERY new at flying my drone and didn't understand a lot of things. I was using the LITCHI application for this flight. I plotted this course on my home computer and started the flight at a friend's home. I had no clue about video editing at the time so this video is long. Sorry. The ET house is at 7:38 in this video. I had a very close call at 8 minutes. In the LITCHI application you can specify using "Relative to Ground" option. I was unaware of this option and didn't set it hence the close call. My takeoff position was lower than the ET house so I wasn't flying at 100 feet. I hope you enjoy seeing my neighborhood.

Very Close indeed! a few trees and a house! Have to be careful using the litchi app.
I have dronelink and maven as well. Each app has a learning curve.

Nice Video.

Reactions: Palerider
Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
No comment.

Reactions: Thomas B
I hope you'll forgive me, but after your disclaimer, all I wanted to see what what happened at 8 minutes in. After the drone stopped, why did it start flying sideways for a time?

I hope you'll forgive me, but after your disclaimer, all I wanted to see what what happened at 8 minutes in. After the drone stopped, why did it start flying sideways for a time?
The drone was controlled by the Litchi App. It just came very close to the roof of that house. The drone was still focusing on the ET house hence it flew sideways. If you use Litchi, always check the 'Relative to Ground" check box.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000