DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flite Test gives solid advice on FAA Remote ID NPRM (Feb 23 2020)

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
This is an EXCELLENT video on what the FAA is expecting in your comments.

I want to stress that EVERYONE take the time to write a courteous and intelligent response. Don't get emotional and don't be mean or it's a waste of your time.

Also it's important to realize that it's not just UAS operators who are weighing in on this topic... There are thousands of Manned Pilots (Private, Comm, and ATP) who are weighing in and proposing STRICTER regulations etc.

Is a good video.Thanks for posting it. .??

One point to stress... make comment by the deadline of Mon March 2.
Here’s the link to do so:

I don't know it seems to me to be an old business tactic where some Billionaire or bought out politician says we're going to force the community to sell their property rights for nothing or else, while they're really planning on then offering next to nothing to make it seem like the community isn't being further enslaved. The FAA, is already over regulating mavic pilots.

Last edited:
I don't know it seems to me to be an old business tactic where some millionaire says were going to force you to sell your property rights for nothing or else, while their really planning on then offering next to nothing to make it seem like the slave isn't a slave. The FAA, is already over regulating mavic pilots.

You do realize this is MUCH bigger than "Mavics" ? This is all UAS no matter what brand/model.

How do you propose to offer "options' to help increase NAS safety and Accountability for rogue UAS operators?

Reactions: dronerdave
You do realize this is MUCH bigger than "Mavics" ? This is all UAS no matter what brand/model.

How do you propose to offer "options' to help increase NAS safety and Accountability for rogue UAS operators?
Thanks for your response.
Yes, I do realize it's much bigger than Mavics, but since I'm in the Mavic Pilot forum, that's why I mentioned this community. I also own phantoms and an rc airplane. Options to help increase "NAS safety and Accountability" seems to be overblown to me, and a straw man. Maybe I should google people killed by DJI drones. Cars, motorcycles, bicycles, seem much more dangerous, yet less regulated and under less surveillance, than even simple drones for photography.

people killed by dji drones

It's only OVERBLOWN until a UAS has an interaction with a manned aircraft and John Q. Public gets afraid to fly. At that point we can kiss our industry ADIOS.

Simple question. How will remote ID FAA requirement affect the Mavic Mini if it all, if it happens?

My guess is is it won’t because of the weight limit but,...I got an email from DJI about awareness on the situation (not specifically Mavic mini)

Just want to be on top of things.

Thoughts?

I appreciate your responses, thanks. I hope you don't mind me responding as well.
plane crashes birds

So...... if a bird can bring down a plane I agree with you.. then yes of course one of our UAS has the potential to bring down a plane as well :)

Are you arguing that birds should be licensed and/or have remote ID? I guess I missed the point of your link in the post immediately above.

As I stated earlier ""Options to help increase "NAS safety and Accountability" seems to be overblown to me, and a straw man. Maybe I should google people killed by DJI drones. Cars, motorcycles, bicycles, seem much more dangerous, yet less regulated and under less surveillance, than even simple drones for photography."

The point I'm trying to make is that the FAA is already over regulating Mavics and other drones, in some cases. Here is another example to try to make my point. I've already mentioned Cars motorcycles, bicycles, and birds.

It's regulation without representation. Changing the rules so Jeff Bezo's Amazon and others can fly drones for deliveries, and the masses can't fly drones for sport or photography, without great hardship financially, etc. is just another example of government over reach and throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Kites crash plane

I hope I'm able to state I think the government already over regulates drones in some cases, without being ridiculed.

So...... if a bird can bring down a plane I agree with you.. then yes of course one of our UAS has the potential to bring down a plane as well :)

I'm saying drone flying is already over regulated in some ways, and trying to make that point.

So yes birds do crash planes the best I can tell from a google search. We shouldn't kill all birds though.

I want more rights not less. Planes cause plane crashes as well.

As I stated earlier ""Options to help increase "NAS safety and Accountability" seems to be overblown to me, and a straw man. Maybe I should google people killed by DJI drones. Cars, motorcycles, and bicycles, seem much more dangerous, yet less regulated and under less surveillance, than even simple drones for photography."

The point I'm trying to make is that the FAA is already over regulating Mavics and other drones, in some cases. Here is another example to try to make my point. I've already mentioned Cars motorcycles, bicycles, and birds.

Kites crash plane

It's regulation without representation. Changing the rules so Jeff Bezo's Amazon and others can fly drones for deliveries, and the masses can't fly drones for sport or photography, without great hardship financially, etc. is just another example of government over reach and throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

I hope I'm able to state I think the government already over regulates drones in some cases, without being ridiculed, and the new regulations are to enable Amazon and others to have delivery drones at the expense of the masses not being able to use drones.

I guess I may be in the wrong place. Maybe I can find other uses for my membership here.

Ok, sorry, just signed up today.
Isn’t no problem this just been kinda of a hot topic.
After you look around abit you will see.
And an OT comment. I was born at Duke and we lived there
till I was around 11 then moved between Hillsboro and Chapel Hill. Small world huh. ?

Reactions: MavicTim
Simple question. How will remote ID FAA requirement affect the Mavic Mini if it all, if it happens?

My guess is is it won’t because of the weight limit but,...I got an email from DJI about awareness on the situation (not specifically Mavic mini)

Just want to be on top of things.

Thoughts?
I’m not sure what to say on that. I have one as well.
Guess we will find out soon.

Reactions: ccurry
Isn’t no problem this just been kinda of a hot topic.
After you look around abit you will see.
And an OT comment. I was born at Duke and we lived there
till I was around 11 then moved between Hillsboro and Chapel Hill. Small world huh. ?
We are basically neighbors! I need to find more legal places to fly close to Durham.

Reactions: dirkclod

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405