DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Florida Keys

DW009

Reactions
Anyone from the area that could tell me some good spots to fly a drone in the upper Keys, in the area of Key Largo?

Probably won't make it all the way down to Key West from Miami so looking for spots in the upper area.

Any help is much appreciated!

102400 Overseas Hwy
Key Largo, FL 33037

81600 Overseas Hwy
Islamorada, FL 33036

79622–79646 Overseas Hwy
Islamorada, FL 33036

Reactions: DW009
102400 Overseas Hwy
Key Largo, FL 33037

81600 Overseas Hwy
Islamorada, FL 33036

79622–79646 Overseas Hwy
Islamorada, FL 33036

Thanks loads!

The first two seem like Addresses for Restaurants/Hotels though? Will I be able to take off there from their property?

First is Hampton inn. You just act like you belong. Daytime there is plenty of parking there. You just walk to the beach like you live there - no one is checking. There is an empty tiki hut. No one ever is in that part of beach till sunset. It’s empty. 703D89EE-CCFF-4F32-8813-B7CAA2DE935D.jpeg05EFCE09-CA51-4CD8-ADF9-0BEAC574EBC8.jpegYou can start drone there and fly all over tarpon basin.

Second place is a beach near Pierr’s restaurant.
It’s open to public to walk. Parking is free right there. Same as above very few people there until sunset.

Third spot is not far away from the movie scene from True Lies. Where those jets were landing on highway.

Use your own judgement but no one was bothering me there. All those spots getting busy for sunset but it’s also the most gorgeous sunset spots. If it’s your one in a lifetime opportunity- go for it.

Reactions: DW009
First is Hampton inn. You just act like you belong. Daytime there is plenty of parking there. You just walk to the beach like you live there - no one is checking. There is an empty tiki hut. No one ever is in that part of beach till sunset. It’s empty. View attachment 56516View attachment 56517You can start drone there and fly all over tarpon basin.

Second place is a beach near Pierr’s restaurant.
It’s open to public to walk. Parking is free right there. Same as above very few people there until sunset.

Third spot is not far away from the movie scene from True Lies. Where those jets were landing on highway.

Use your own judgement but no one was bothering me there. All those spots getting busy for sunset but it’s also the most gorgeous sunset spots. If it’s your one in a lifetime opportunity- go for it.

thanks a lot for clarifying, this is very helpful!

By coincidence, do you have any tips for spots in Miami or Fort Lauderdale? @abtocmeptb

anyone else?
I visit the keys quite often. When I return on the way back I take cardsound road to take video of the main bridge. One thing to note is that there is a ritzy community called Ocean Reef that has a small local runway for personal use. You definitely can not fly over that area but if you stay west of the bridge, you should be fine.
There is a small parking area and a boat ramp a few hundred feet south of the toll booth at the north end of the bridge. You can launch from there.
5264E2CC-1F46-47D8-84F9-642D4418C986.jpeg

Last edited:
I visit the keys quite often. When I return on the way back I take cardsound road to take video of the main bridge. One thing to note is that there is a ritzy community called Ocean Reef that has a small local runway for personal use. You definitely can not fly over that area but if you stay west of the bridge, you should be fine.
There is a small parking area and a boat ramp a few hundred feet south of the toll booth at the north end of the bridge. You can launch from there.
View attachment 56659

looking good, thanks a lot!

Thanks. Will be there after the holidays. Will be sure to check out these spots.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada