DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Florida storm - incoming

passedpawn

Reactions
360 pano - you can see the rain wall just about to hit me from the east. It has obscured Tampa Bay, just about to slide over Meese Countryside hospital, and get my neighborhood all wet.

Last edited:
Nice

360 pano - you can see the rain wall just about to hit me from the east. It has obscured Tampa Bay, just about to slide over Meese Countryside hospital, and get my neighborhood all wet.

Very nice image.I am extremely impressed with the click and drag feature of your pano. How do reproduce this ability with my Mavic Pro? Can I just do a 360 pano in the pano mode? How do I get the click and drag effect?

Very nice image.I am extremely impressed with the click and drag feature of your pano. How do reproduce this ability with my Mavic Pro? Can I just do a 360 pano in the pano mode? How do I get the click and drag effect?

Haha, I don't know how it all works :)

All I do is grab the wide pano image that was made using the Pano 360° feature in the app. My M2P does all the work there, I just have to set down the controls so my busy fingers don't do something stupid while it's working. Once it's done taking pictures, you don't have to do ANYTHING ELSE to them, though I suppose you could post-process just like any other image. I know some folks here like to save the individual images and sew them together in 3rd party apps, but I haven't seen the need to do that (yet).

When it's done and I move the images to my PC, this is what they look like. In "list mode", you'll see they have the "pano" tag. In the image below, one of them is a vertical pano (I'm not sure what those are good for - the Kuula website butchers them).

1567433271643.png
Then, assuming you've made an account at Kuula | 360 Virtual Tours made easy. Create. Edit. Share., just Upload>Single 360° and then drag/drop into the resulting screen. There some nifty things you can do with the resulting image (overlay text, etc) so just have a look around at that point.​
1567433491022.png

Extremely cool pano shot. I hope you are able to avoid hurricane damage.

Reactions: passedpawn
Extremely cool pano shot. I hope you are able to avoid hurricane damage.

Been through this many times - not worried. Unless a tree falls on my house, I'll be unaffected (my house is surrounded by lots of large oaks, magnolia, etc). Concrete floors, concrete walls, concrete roof. I've got shutters for all windows that I can put up in a couple of hours. These storms can huff and puff all they want, they aren't going to blow my house down unless we get a direct hit, which means the hurricane went UNDER Florida and curled up into the gulf of mexico. That does happen occasionally.

I'm well above the highest storm surge level, so no worries regarding flooding.

Got my interest up. Signed up and will be trying it. Thanks!

Reactions: passedpawn
I don't know if it was clear in my text above, but the drone stitches the various pictures together into ONE pano image. It does this automagically when it's done with the individual pics. So, you just have to upload that single pano image to kuula to make the 360 pano.

Through the DJI GO 4 options, you can additionally store the 34 independent images that are used to make the pano, but I don't do that, and it's unnecessary.

Been through this many times - not worried. Unless a tree falls on my house, I'll be unaffected (my house is surrounded by lots of large oaks, magnolia, etc). Concrete floors, concrete walls, concrete roof. I've got shutters for all windows that I can put up in a couple of hours. These storms can huff and puff all they want, they aren't going to blow my house down unless we get a direct hit, which means the hurricane went UNDER Florida and curled up into the gulf of mexico. That does happen occasionally.

I'm well above the highest storm surge level, so no worries regarding flooding.
When I was down in Tampa I worried more about the darn traffic than the storms.....

Reactions: Classic flyer

Cool panorama!

Reactions: charliej
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus