DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly app 1.1.4 for Android

scro

Reactions
Anyone else just received an update for the Fly app on android? Not tested it yet, but it looks like the updates are mainly for the MA2. MM gets: new look for the GPS and controller icons, and better app stability. Much excitement

The change in the icons seemed to me positive I tried it indoors and the icon of the signal of connection with the drone is different, now it says RC and the icon of the gps is improved and modern.

It's a pity that you still can't transmit or see the interference state of the compass, but little by little DJI will improve the DJI Fly.

Screenshot_20200605-045521.jpg
The change in the icons is very evident
Screenshot_20191227-061111.jpg

Reactions: TDZHDTV
I don't think it's an improvement, I like to see the wireless bars, so I can gauge the signal strength/quality.

It looks like the new icon will just show connect or disconnect

I don't think it's an improvement, I like to see the wireless bars, so I can gauge the signal strength/quality.

My bars are used to go from full to zero in a second

That's not exactly how it works, when you connect to the drone you get the usual bars, simply if the control is disconnected that icon will appear, wait for my Mavic Mini to load and I'll show you what the new interface of the app looks like in flight.

This is the interface of the DJI Fly already with the Mavic Mini connected. It should be noted that it was an internal flight so the number of satellites would be at 0.

Screenshot_20200606-154513.jpg

My app is version 1.1.2. When did the 1.1.4 become available.
I just looked I have no up date.

Last edited:
That's not exactly how it works, when you connect to the drone you get the usual bars, simply if the control is disconnected that icon will appear, wait for my Mavic Mini to load and I'll show you what the new interface of the app looks like in flight.

The Mavic Mini manual states that the indicator shows video down-link signal strength, which implies that it is graduated measure, even the picture shows 3 bars instead of the full 4

dji fly video down link strength - Copy (2).JPG

In my experience so far the wifi signal strength indicator is almost always either "full bars" or no signal. I have, on rare occasions, seen it drop down to 3 bars. It would be nice if it gave a more reliable indication of signal strength?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett