DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly App 1.4.3 Exposure Lock disappeared

john mcg

Reactions
My Exposure Lock has disappeared now that I've updated to the 1.4.3 Fly App update for Android :-(
After the confusion about the Exposure Lock on the Fly App with update 1.4.0, and the subsequent working out how to use it, it seems that it has properly been removed this time! The Exposure Lock still works on photos (double tap the screen to get the yellow circle indicator.. so I know that I know how to use it!) but when I double tap now in video literally nothing happens. The 1.4.0 fix of exiting the app and going back into 'Go Fly' which momentarily showed you the Exposure Lock does not happen now on 1.4.3. Is this just me? Am I missing something? I've got the Mini 1, and a Samsung Galaxy S10 / Android.

Tap the screen once, you get a yellow box in the center
And then tap again and hold for few seconds, it should lock the exposure.
On mini 2 you can also set the FN button to do it quicker.

Personally, I shoot in manual mode and prefer to keep the FN button for recentering the gimbal.
The reason is that, from my experience (at least in previous updates) locking exposure doesn't lock the white balance setting and this is annoying to me.

Source:

Personally, I shoot in manual mode and prefer to keep the FN button for recentering the gimbal.
The reason is that, from my experience (at least in previous updates) locking exposure doesn't lock the white balance setting and this is annoying to me.

Source:

Reactions: john mcg

Source:
Lock your white balance in the settings.

Source:
I promise I don't get any yellow box! I did before this update.. I thought I had it sussed! But now nothing when I tap. However.. I do believe the exposure value does remain the same.

I promise I don't get any yellow box! I did before this update.. I thought I had it sussed! But now nothing when I tap. However.. I do believe the exposure value does remain the same.
Ive got the same problem on my Android phone...In photo mode the yellow circle comes up when I tap the screen, and there the exposure can be set and locked...tap again and a yellow square comes up...but only in photo m ode, nothing in video mode...

My Exposure Lock has disappeared now that I've updated to the 1.4.3 Fly App update for Android :-(
After the confusion about the Exposure Lock on the Fly App with update 1.4.0, and the subsequent working out how to use it, it seems that it has properly been removed this time! The Exposure Lock still works on photos (double tap the screen to get the yellow circle indicator.. so I know that I know how to use it!) but when I double tap now in video literally nothing happens. The 1.4.0 fix of exiting the app and going back into 'Go Fly' which momentarily showed you the Exposure Lock does not happen now on 1.4.3. Is this just me? Am I missing something? I've got the Mini 1, and a Samsung Galaxy S10 / Android.
First of all can I ask where on earth you found the 1.4.3 fly app update for android...On the DJI download website, all the latest update they have is 1.4.2?
I have the same problem as you described above...Since updating to fly app 1.4.2, couldnt see a 1.4.3....I only have exposure lock in photo mode...I dont have it in video mode, or panorama mode...Quick transfer also no longer works....so Im going to send it back to DJI to sort it out as Im well and truly over spending hours trying to sort out this problem to no avail...Can I ask what phone are you using...? cheers
I forgot to add, prior to updating to the 1.4.2 fly app and firmware update...everything worked perfectly...why do DJI break things when they arent broke...

First of all can I ask where on earth you found the 1.4.3 fly app update for android...On the DJI download website, all the latest update they have is 1.4.2?
I have the same problem as you described above...Since updating to fly app 1.4.2, couldnt see a 1.4.3....I only have exposure lock in photo mode...I dont have it in video mode, or panorama mode...Quick transfer also no longer works....so Im going to send it back to DJI to sort it out as Im well and truly over spending hours trying to sort out this problem to no avail...Can I ask what phone are you using...? cheers
I forgot to add, prior to updating to the 1.4.2 fly app and firmware update...everything worked perfectly...why do DJI break things when they arent broke...
Hi..
My app prompted me to update when I opened it and was heading out to fly, so I didn't go looking for the update. I just clicked "update" on the DJI Fly app on my phone when I got home and back on my WiFi.
I've got a Samsung Galaxy S10.
:)

This problem still exists in 1.4.8. I have the yellow circle in photo but not in video. In video I have to aim the drone at area of desired exposure, adjust +/- EV slider, the tap fn button to lock. I wish dji would update their how to pdfs and videos when they make changes.

This problem still exists in 1.4.8. I have the yellow circle in photo but not in video. In video I have to aim the drone at area of desired exposure, adjust +/- EV slider, the tap fn button to lock. I wish dji would update their how to pdfs and videos when they make changes.
Surely when you adjust the new slider to the required setting in 1.4.8 it locks on the setting you choose??

I have just updated latest firmware and the 1.4.8 on my mini 2/Samsung A52 and the exposure now seems to be working ok...when I set it on the slider it stays on that setting...There is no more yellow square when I press the screen as before, which never worked for me anyway...The only problem I have left to solve is why quick transfer doesnt work through my mobile data...It only works through my home wifi...These things are sent to try us as they say...good luck..

I have just updated latest firmware and the 1.4.8 on my mini 2/Samsung A52 and the exposure now seems to be working ok...when I set it on the slider it stays on that setting...There is no more yellow square when I press the screen as before, which never worked for me anyway...The only problem I have left to solve is why quick transfer doesnt work through my mobile data...It only works through my home wifi...These things are sent to try us as they say...good luck..
Don't know about Android but on IOS if you go to "Settings" and then locate the "DJI Fly" app, you can enable "Mobile Data" here which will allow what your asking. Hope this helps you.

I did that and still doesnt work...Its very strange as it works okay on home wifi....but not on data when Im out...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa