DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly app 1.5.1 (1980)

Woofer908

Reactions
Hello all, first time posting!

I have the unfortunate problem of owning the new pixel 6, so my air 2s has been grounded with the black screen problem.

Today I was prompted to update to 1.5.1 (1980) via the fly app. I don't know what has been updated, but the problem hasn't been fixed on my pixel 6.

My question is how do you know what has been updated when you download the latest update? Does DJI have any release notes on what has been updated?

Hopefully a fix can be done soon so I can get back to flying!

DJI’s policy regarding app and firmware updates is not customer oriented. Release notes are either vague or not available.

Last edited:
Goodness, another Fly App update? Seems like five or six in the last three months. I don't have time to flight test one before the next rolls off the line.

I have the unfortunate problem of owning the new pixel 6, so my air 2s has been grounded with the black screen problem.

Today I was prompted to update to 1.5.1 (1980) via the fly app. I don't know what has been updated, but the problem hasn't been fixed on my pixel 6.

My question is how do you know what has been updated when you download the latest update? Does DJI have any release notes on what has been updated?

Not seen the new update to 1.5.1 yet. Still flying 1.5.0 and no real issues so far.

DJI won't support all phones / tablets - that is a given. Would just suggest getting another phone / tablet that DOES work and use it simply for the drone. Yes, a PITA and cost a few bucks, but flying is the FUN part and by not getting a "compatible" device only keeps you on the ground.

Not seen the new update to 1.5.1 yet. Still flying 1.5.0 and no real issues so far.

DJI won't support all phones / tablets - that is a given. Would just suggest getting another phone / tablet that DOES work and use it simply for the drone. Yes, a PITA and cost a few bucks, but flying is the FUN part and by not getting a "compatible" device only keeps you on the ground.
That means you need a bottomless pit of money. DJI frequently remove relatively recent phones from the approved list so they expect you to spend often as much as the drone again just to be able to fly it. The software should be compatible with a minimum spec. My OnePlus 5 runs it well, I'd expect it to run on anything 64-bit since that was released. Poor if it doesn't.

• Haha
Reactions: tlswift58
Thanks for the replies. Might have to dust off the old pixel 3, just to get up flying again. I will keep an eye out on YouTube to get an update

That means you need a bottomless pit of money. DJI frequently remove relatively recent phones from the approved list so they expect you to spend often as much as the drone again just to be able to fly it. The software should be compatible with a minimum spec. My OnePlus 5 runs it well, I'd expect it to run on anything 64-bit since that was released. Poor if it doesn't.
Not sure where you get any of that from. The FlyApp worked fine on my older Moto-Z phone and then "I" got a tablet because I wanted a larger screen. So far, the Lenovo 10 (under $200) has worked fine and it is getting close to a year old.

The more that DJI incorporates into the FlyApp for pilots to have / use - older less functional devices will naturally fall out of the line up.

Nothing anywhere I've seen says you have to upgrade the FlyApp. I think there are people who still are using many older versions back to 1.3 or before - simply because they may have older hardware and maybe because they don't want to upgrade and perfectly fine with what the older versions offer. Any of us can go back if we are not wanting to upgrade a device.

i have spent very little on my drones - hardware / etc related. I didn't spend $600-$700 on a Tripltek tablet or $1,200 on an iPhone - which many people do and that is 100% up to them.

Blaming DJI for possibly listening to customers who want more bells & whistles; but then requires more computing power / memory to operate it is a bit odd (same goes for computer world should you be into gaming - a Celeron processor and 4 GB's of RAM is not going to run Fortnight). Again, want to continue using older devices, then use the older FlyApps that will work with them but with fewer new features that you may not use.

Can someone confirm the altitude issue with Mini 2 and Fly App 1.5.1 described in this video?

Can someone confirm the altitude issue with Mini 2 and Fly App 1.5.1 described in this video?

No it is not. Same as many other issues like the 90° compass error.

GavinHR provides a terrific service by archiving downloads of older DJI Fly versions. I've found his repository of apk (Android) downloads. Does anyone know if there is an equivalent repository of iOS versions of DJI Fly? Thanks in advance.
Agree with you on the repository by Gavin.

Unfortunately I don't think this is possible for iOS, at least without jailbreak as older versions of the fly app need to be 'signed' either by Dev or something like reprovision on jailbreak (this hasn't worked for me)

Once Apple revoke a signed app,it's not so simple to have a repository of older versions.

That's my understanding anyway but maybe one of the more experienced member's might know a way around it.

To alleviate incompatibility problems with a cell phone I opted for a Samsung tablet, Tab S 5e, with a Verizon 4G connection. Works great with the MA2. Also, use it in the field as a tablet.

With DJI it's a bit like the lucky dip you used to get at someone's birthday, you know you're going to get something you're just not sure what. Always wait until app has been is use for a while

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada