DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly app crashed 6 times during flight

Reactions
DJI Fly app crashes all the time during flight on my Mini 2, yesterday during a 20 minute flight it crashed 6 times, which is very unnerving!
Screen goes black then the app reboots itself, sometimes straight back into the flight screen, sometimes the go fly screen.
Doesn't seem to make any difference if I'm shooting or not.

2 phones tried, galaxy S7 and galaxy s10+, phone rebooted before flight
Tried 3 cables in each phone
Tried putting phone into flight mode
Tried 2 memory cards, Sandisk extreme pro v30 xc1, bought direct from Sandisk so not chinese copies
Controller, drone and app all updated to latest versions

Has anyone found a solution to this as I see a lot of people having the same trouble.
Finally, is there an alternative app I could try like Litchi, or is that not available for the Mini 2?

Reactions: asylum23
I have the Samsung S7 which I wiped and reloaded the operating system with only the DJI Fly app.

I might get a crash where the screen goes black and then the phone goes back to the home screen where I have to open the app again once every few flights. It happens more than I would like but just one of those things I haven't gotten around to troubleshooting yet.

It does sound like it could be device compatibility issue, depending perhaps on the version of Fly being used?

Reactions: tlswift58
I've only had that happen once with my app loaded and very tired 6s. I think it could be your devices

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr