DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly App still Crashing

Hiwayman

Reactions
I have a Mini 2 since January. I get regular crashes of the app. I did think it was sorted with the last update but today it happened twice again. I still have control of the a/c and the app immediately reboots but it causes breaks in video recording and I want this sorted if possible.
I use android and honor 9 phone which I believe is on DJI list of suitable devices.
Anyone else experiencing this....?

Reactions: wilmutiny3
I have a Mini 2 since January. I get regular crashes of the app. I did think it was sorted with the last update but today it happened twice again. I still have control of the a/c and the app immediately reboots but it causes breaks in video recording and I want this sorted if possible.
I use android and honor 9 phone which I believe is on DJI list of suitable devices.
Hello, I do not have this device, my suggestion is general in nature.
Turn off unneeded notifications, also turn off unneeded radios(WiFi, Bluetooth, use airplane mode to turn off cell radio). Check developer options in advanced settings and limit apps running in the background(Background process limit) to as few as possible. Also select "Don't keep activities". Make sure phone is on its most recent update.
May be something here will help.
Good luck

Reactions: Hiwayman
Hello, I do not have this device, my suggestion is general in nature.
Turn off unneeded notifications, also turn off unneeded radios(WiFi, Bluetooth, use airplane mode to turn off cell radio). Check developer options in advanced settings and limit apps running in the background(Background process limit) to as few as possible. Also select "Don't keep activities". Make sure phone is on its most recent update.
May be something here will help.
Good luck
Thank you...I do fly in aeroplane mode but will try the other suggestions as well.
DJI has now replied to me suggesting I refresh the firmware via the DJI assistant 2
I will try that too ?

Reactions: DJayI
Hmmmm.................I think that the RC can be refreshed using Assistant 2, but AC firmware cannot.
I have installed assistant 2 and it lets me refresh RC firmware, but no option available for AC firmware, just a option to export logs ☹️

You are plugging in the AC only right? That's the only way i've ever updated/refreshed the firmware on my AC. They have to be done separately.

Same issue with me. I have a Samsung note
Same issue with me. I have a Note10. Thought it was a firmware issue but I recently updated firmware and still have this problem. The app crashes at least one time during each of my flights. I always fly in airplane mode so that is not the issue.

I had one crash on my a70.
Since then i have used "device care "
Option in android to make sure nothing running in the background, before each flight. No problems since i started doing this.

You might try a cold reboot (power off then on vs just a restart) just before starting a flight to clear memory and unnecessary background apps. Also if you need to have a data connection for map updates, try turning off wifi and bluetooth. My Samsung A71 would crash during the earlier versions and I turned off bluetooth and this helped. With the latest updates I no longer have to turn this off.

I was losing RC connection with my Android.
Found the 'Use USB for' had the wrong option selected when connecting the phone to the RC.
Now have PTP as the option and no more problems.
Will try this too.... hopefully all these tips will resolve it....I may never know which the critical change was ?
Interestingly, I also fly Mavic Pro on DJI Go 4 with the same phone, and have not had issues until using DJI fly app ?
Is there a recommended protocol for usb on Android?

Last edited:
Hi Hiwayman. We use an Honor 10 Lite and have had no issues whatsoever. We make sure to close down all apps beforehand (swiping them all upwards after first touching the small box at the bottom of the screen), then going into airplane mode. I hope you're able to sort out the problem.

Hi Hiwayman. We use an Honor 10 Lite and have had no issues whatsoever. We make sure to close down all apps beforehand (swiping them all upwards after first touching the small box at the bottom of the screen), then going into airplane mode. I hope you're able to sort out the problem.
Yes, it's frustrating and not helpful to know a video could have a break in it, albeit momentarily. ?

I have to think this is an issue with the Fly app....there appears to be many similar issues being reported. My Mavic 2 pro flies fine on the Go 4 app and the same phone. Pity the mini can't be flown on the Go 4 app ☹️

Reactions: jmbsmt63
I’m having this same problem too. It’s frustrating and I haven’t found a fix.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929