DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FLY AWAY, BUT NOT WHAT YOU THINK .......UPDATE

360 Guy

Reactions
I sympathize with all who responded about their Jesus springs/clips and the such.
WOOOHOOO, I found the mini card to my suprise.............where ?............read on please.
Believe me, I looked all over to where it could have flown and far reaching areas, as I said before..............NADA.

I gave up on trying to find it and two days later I decided to fly.
Like one responder said, I too set up the mini on the dinning room table in comfort and good light.
After unfolding the arms and installing landing gear, the last thing, I install the battery.
Picture this if you will.......Mini is held at 45 degrees, open the battery door, left hand around the drone midsection, battery in right hand, and I go to insert the battery, looking inside the battery compartment and there (I can't believe it) is my mini card.
WOOOOHOOO!!
Now how @$*#&** would you ever look in there for a missing card.
I can only theorize that it hit me (didn't feel it) and by a miraculous pool shot, ricocheted, and it wound up in the battery compartment..................go figure!

Well, mystery solved on the missing SD card.
Now to find my elusive car keys. I just might look in the battery compartment,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nah..........just a thought!

Last edited:
We have to be careful with those spring loaded cards. I've had an SD card shoot across the room and am much more careful now. It's amazing how when you drop something small (or have a "sponteaneous ejection") how it can careen and end up in places you'd never suspect.

Reactions: @Rip
I sympathize with all who responded about their Jesus springs/clips and the such.
WOOOHOOO, I found the mini card to my suprise.............where ?............read on please.
Believe me, I looked all over to where it could have flown and far reaching areas, as I said before..............NADA.

I gave up on trying to find it and two days later I decided to fly.
Like one responder said, I too set up the mini on the dinning room table in comfort and good light.
After unfolding the arms and installing landing gear, the last thing, I install the battery.
Picture this if you will.......Mini is held at 45 degrees, open the battery door, left hand around the drone midsection, battery in right hand, and I go to insert the battery, looking inside the battery compartment and there (I can't believe it) is my mini card.
WOOOOHOOO!!
Now how @$*#&** would you ever look in there for a missing card.
I can only theorize that it hit me (didn't feel it) and by a miraculous pool shot, ricocheted, and it wound up in the battery compartment..................go figure!

Well, mystery solved on the missing SD card.
Now to find my elusive car keys. I just might look in the battery compartment,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nah..........just a thought!
😵‍💫

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54