DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly away but not what you think......

360 Guy

Reactions
MY FLYAWAY.........MINI 2

After my last flight, I took out the SD card and downloaded the info as usual.
After I formatted the card, I tried inserting the card.
This was done in the house at the dining room table. (no wind and 70* for that matter)
The drone was tucked in the carry case with it's tail end up.
I had this little freak'in card halfway in and out it shot like a rocket, to where, heaven knows!
I've been looking for this little sucker for two days now, on hands and knees, under the table, moved furniture, looked in flower pots, under TV, on chair cushions..........NADA.
I've taken an LED flashlight (so bright it would give you a welding flash) and searched the floors in adjacent rooms and back under the table where I started.......................NADA.
I've even lit up the Firehouse strobe and searched inside the case after removing everything...........TWICE!
The wife runs the central vac every two weeks thru out the whole house and next week is vac week.
When that happens, I can kiss any hope of ever retrieving that elusive SD card.

When I walk from room to room with my head down, it's not because I'm crying or sad, it because I'm looking for that (Mod Removed Language)card.
Do I pray to the drone gods for the SD recovery or save that for a possible real loss?
I will give up, only after the wife does her thing.....................agggggg!

Rant over.

Last edited by a moderator:

This was done in the house at the dining room table. (no wind and 70* for that matter)
I had this little freak'in card halfway in and out it shot like a rocket, to where, heaven knows!
I've been looking for this little sucker for two days now, on hands and knees, under the table, moved furniture, looked in flower pots, under TV, on chair cushions..........NADA.
I've taken an LED flashlight (so bright it would give you a welding flash) and searched the floors in adjacent rooms and back under the table where I started.......................NADA.
I've even lite up the Firehouse strobe and searched inside the case after removing everything...........TWICE!
The wife runs the central vac every two weeks thru out the whole house and next week is vac week.

When I walk from room to room with my head down, it's not because I'm crying or sad, it because I'm looking for that (Mod Removed Language)card.
Do I pray to the drone gods for the SD recovery or save that for a possible real loss?

Rant over.
I call the card a "ping ( Mod Removed Language)that's what I say when it happens to me

sorry, won't happen again

Last edited:
At some point you guys are going to pay attention to our guidelines
images or special characters designed to "trick" our obscenity filter may be removed.
Other than that let her vacuum with a clean canister then look in it.

Not much help at this point, but I've taken to putting a bandana over the area when removing or inserting micro SD cards. [eta: I spent years as a coin-op amusement tech, often working in extremely cramped surroundings, so I'm used to operating by touch rather than sight.] Never lost one before but I've had a few close calls.

Dirkclod's recommendation seems the best choice now. Hope you find it, and glad it was empty.

Ahh, that's the problem, you're home is an atmospheric vacuum !

A 3.5 floppy disk ?
Been a while.
This might have been from the '70's I guess, not sure when they stopped putting them in macs.
Those automatic floppy shooters launchers could provide hours of roulette entertainment even for us extra terrestrial types as well.

Last edited:
I hate it when that happens. I lost one once from my car dashcam, looked all over for it for hours.... I suspect it shot down into the defrost vent.

If you have old and now 'tiny' capacity cards with nothing of value on them can you get your wife and any sharp eyed kids as observers and, as best you can, repeat the slip and launch and watch where to escapee goes?

I've even lit up the Firehouse strobe and searched inside the case after removing everything...........TWICE!

Rant over.

Yogi suggested that you check your footwear, slippers, shoes, etc… And I agree that you might have been the "Typhoid Mary" (the carrier…). Now I would also check your clothing, did it pop out and into a shirt pocket or some other crevice in your clothing, a pants pocket, behind the flap of your pants zipper, etc…

You also have to consider that when it popped out and when you ran for a flashlight, it may have stuck to your clothing long enough to travel to another room (an area you would not waste time looking… Like the old joke, "Why are you looking here, I thought you lost it in the other room?"; "I'm looking over here because there more light…"

Turn all the light off in the area and I would place that LED Flashlight on the floor and shine it straight across the floor, not looking down like you see on the CSI TV Shows… and look for a shadow, yeah I know it's like paper thin, but you are getting down to its level and you would be surprised how big an "ear ring back" looks from that angle (my wife drops at least one a week...).

Finally, do not give up. After a few days, your eyes will be fresh and you just might look in a spot you missed previously…

Rant over.
I am a retired mechanic and I sympathize, I have had a lot of "Jesus" springs in my time!

Reactions: LoudThunder

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54