DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly Away

peterc4

Reactions
Well after having a Mavi on pre order then an air on pre order then a 2 pro on preorder the dreaded day came yesterday at 1400ft away my smart controller screen went black and white and lost connection and that was that gone mavic 2 pro gone for ever. Have contacted DJI today. As anyone else been unfortunate enough to have this. Cheers

Thanks for your reply please find attached flight log, Thanks again

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-04-11_[15-51-13][1].txt
    538.8 KB · Views: 76
What sar104 said! It's amazing what a few of the knowledgeable folks here can do to determine what went wrong, often why it happened, and sometimes where to look to recover it.

What sar104 said! It's amazing what a few of the knowledgeable folks here can do to determine what went wrong, often why it happened, and sometimes where to look to recover it.
Yes we would be lost without the more knowlegable people, i searched for 4 hours at the last coordintes but it was very dence rhodedd endruns

If you lose connection with the drone it should just fly back to its home point.

Yes lost connection has happened to me quite a few times in the past andmy drones have always gone into RTH mode this time though nothing black and white screen and then nothing totally disconnected

I remember when that happened to me for the first time screen and everything went Black for quite a while. I’m thinking to myself kiss that drone goodbye. Then everything came back on screen. If I remember right I was 9000 feet out. That is the biggest reason why I make sure my home point is recorded before I ever take off.

Reactions: Drgnfli
It could be that you did not lose connection, but that the SC screen went blank because the drone died (for one of many reasons, as yet undetermined by the Log Gods). ^^^ "speculation"

I remember when that happened to me for the first time screen and everything went Black for quite a while. I’m thinking to myself kiss that drone goodbye. Then everything came back on screen. If I remember right I was 9000 feet out. That is the biggest reason why I make sure my home point is recorded before I ever take off.
A great feeling when it all comes back online i was only 1400 out

That it is. Anymore I don’t really worry about it anymore it always comes back online. One day I might not get so lucky. Lol

It could be that you did not lose connection, but that the SC screen went blank because the drone died (for one of many reasons, as yet undetermined by the Log Gods). ^^^ "speculation"
Yes that is what i think the last flight log shows me at full throttle then it just ends with my throttle still at 100 percent

I was out flying one day I was quite a ways out I had 50% left on the battery then all the sudden it said low battery returning home now that freaked me out never saw that before.

Thanks for your reply please find attached flight log, Thanks again

Interesting - I've only seen this once before. The txt log is quite badly corrupted, but fixable, and the downlink was solid until the log stops. I see a couple of possibilities, the first being interference from the microwave array adjacent to the flight path. But disregarding the errors in the log file, the most notable feature is that the log ends immediately after the elevator is centered from full forwards, which causes a sudden positive pitch excursion.

Pitch.png

That maneuver has resulted in a number of battery disconnects if the battery was not properly latched. In support of that hypothesis, the smart battery was reporting a communication error starting at 178 seconds:

battery_status.png

If that were the case then the aircraft will have shut down or rebooted, and crashed. Based on its final velocity and height, and taking wind into account, that gives a predicted descent path as shown below in green:

Results1.png

grab51.jpg

Looks like it might have made it beyond the trees into that cleared area, so maybe worth a look.

Interesting - I've only seen this once before. The txt log is quite badly corrupted, but fixable, and the downlink was solid until the log stops. I see a couple of possibilities, the first being interference from the microwave array adjacent to the flight path. But disregarding the errors in the log file, the most notable feature is that the log ends immediately after the elevator is centered from full forwards, which causes a sudden positive pitch excursion.

View attachment 98553

That maneuver has resulted in a number of battery disconnects if the battery was not properly latched. In support of that hypothesis, the smart battery was reporting a communication error starting at 178 seconds:

View attachment 98554

If that were the case then the aircraft will have shut down or rebooted, and crashed. Based on its final velocity and height, and taking wind into account, that gives a predicted descent path as shown below in green:

View attachment 98557

View attachment 98556

Looks like it might have made it beyond the trees into that cleared area, so maybe worth a look.

Wow thanks a lot, based on your report it doesnt look like i have a leg to stand on with DJI, will head up there shortly and have a look as that is where i go for my daily excersize will let you know how i get on, again thanks alot

Reactions: Bob L and Simone L
Well after having a Mavi on pre order then an air on pre order then a 2 pro on preorder the dreaded day came yesterday at 1400ft away my smart controller screen went black and white and lost connection and that was that gone mavic 2 pro gone for ever. Have contacted DJI today. As anyone else been unfortunate enough to have this. Cheers
LETS ASK SARS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61