DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly drone insurrance to fly with Mavic 2 zoom UK and abroad

Alchemist101

Reactions
HI,

just bought a Mavic 2 zoom and I'm looking a insurance to cover me and my drone during my fly.
I'm interested on an insurance that cover me if I accidental damage or I kill someone during my fly :) and must cover me also abroad because 3 times a year I travel In Italy (total of a month).
I'm not using the drone for commercial use.
Anyone know an Insurance company that are suitable for what I need?

Thank you!

Join the BMFA. Annual subscription around £34. Once you are a member you will be covered for public liability. Also, once you are a member, you will get much cheaper insurance from FlyIcarus for everything else to do with your drone......drone damage, flyaways and over water etc, etc. That is £70 annually roughly.

HI,

just bought a Mavic 2 zoom and I'm looking a insurance to cover me and my drone during my fly.
I'm interested on an insurance that cover me if I accidental damage or I kill someone during my fly :) and must cover me also abroad because 3 times a year I travel In Italy (total of a month).
I'm not using the drone for commercial use.
Anyone know an Insurance company that are suitable for what I need?

Thank you!

Join the BMFA. Annual subscription around £34. Once you are a member you will be covered for public liability. Also, once you are a member, you will get much cheaper insurance from FlyIcarus for everything else to do with your drone......drone damage, flyaways and over water etc, etc. That is £70 annually roughly.

How recent did you take out the cover with FlyIcarus?

Their website has been down for some time now, according to their FB it's to do with an issue with their underwriter so I am not sure if they're currently accepting new customers?

Reactions: Bala and dtp
How recent did you take out the cover with FlyIcarus?

Their website has been down for some time now, according to their FB it's to do with an issue with their underwriter so I am not sure if they're currently accepting new customers?
Hi. Apologies for delay in replying! I signed up with them end of March '19. I see what you meen with the website but they seem to be promising to be up and running in January. A tad worrying but will just have to wait and see what happens i suppose. Let's hope the deal is still in place? Good luck.

Hi. Apologies for delay in replying! I signed up with them end of March '19. I see what you meen with the website but they seem to be promising to be up and running in January. A tad worrying but will just have to wait and see what happens i suppose. Let's hope the deal is still in place? Good luck.
I dropped them an email querying about ordering a new policy and got the below response:

"Hi,

Many thanks for your email.

Unfortunately, we are not taking on any more customers at the moment.

We are transitioning over to a new underwriter, which will take a little longer, however please do enter your email on our Home Page to be informed of our relaunch !

Kindest Regards,

FlyIcarus"

I used Coverdrone for a Mavic 2 Zoom, to cover the cost of loss/damage to the equipment and for liability for damage to property and people. From memory it cost me about £100 for the year and seems fairly comprehensive. I haven't tried to claim yet (touch wood), but no doubt any insurance company will ask for flight logs to check that you were flying within CAA guidelines and within manufacturer's guidelines. I've always wondered if, using this info, they'd find a way of wriggling out of claims. Maybe someone else on the forum has experience of claiming on drone insurance?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54