DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly Zone

Oman

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello , I live in western massachusetts , I am having a hard time finding a place to fly, NFZ,TRA, etc I live near three different airports. Can't seem to get any clearance to fly. Does anybody in my area know of any places? Willing to travel a little.Itching to fly.
Fly it like you stole it.
Stay safe Oman

Last edited:
Reactions: tlswift58
Hello , I live in western massachusetts , I am having a hard time finding a place to fly, NFZ,TRA, etc I live near three different airports. Can't seem to get any clearance to fly. Does anybody in my area know of any places? Willing to travel a little.Itching to fly.
Fly it like you stole it.
Stay safe Oman
Any of the apps or B4UFly in a browser can give you a lot of ideas and not have to travel far. I like using the browser version, as my phone is a PITA to see well and then expand the zone out till you see clear areas. Some places are restricted, but you can get permission to fly - maybe under 200 feet / etc is the restriction - just depends on the location and reason for restricting flights.

Being near any mid to major airport(s) is not going to be good drone flight space due to the excessive boundaries most of them get - which is smart and safer for planes and people. If you can fly near them - altitude will be severely restricted; so best to just get out of the zone where it's free and clear.

Any of the apps or B4UFly in a browser can give you a lot of ideas and not have to travel far. I like using the browser version, as my phone is a PITA to see well and then expand the zone out till you see clear areas. Some places are restricted, but you can get permission to fly - maybe under 200 feet / etc is the restriction - just depends on the location and reason for restricting flights.

Being near any mid to major airport(s) is not going to be good drone flight space due to the excessive boundaries most of them get - which is smart and safer for planes and people. If you can fly near them - altitude will be severely restricted; so best to just get out of the zone where it's free and clear.
Thank you Oman

What is B4UFly in a browser? I have only used the app and use ARCGIS/Visualize It in a browser, but it is kind of slow and clunky.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka