DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FlyApp Update to 1.4.4 and RC Firm / Fly Data Update

tlswift58

Reactions
Just looked at my FlyApp for my Air 2 and saw that DJI has updated 1.4.2 to now 1.4.4. Hopefully fixed the bugs in 1.4.2. Wasn't planning on updating, but since it's 1.4.4 (Android) I decided to update to see what is up.

Also notified that the RC firmware and the Fly Database was updatable. Did those as well - so now to test them and see what happens.

Last edited:
1.4.4 isn't the firmware version: it's the version of the Fly app that runs on your mobile device.

Reactions: tlswift58
Firmware
92061CC6-1EF3-4970-A1DE-8742A12EECE6.png

Did notice in the FlyApp main page - that the setting for Pics is stuck at 9999, even when you touch it. Used to go back to whatever card size you had it it. Will do it for video though. Maybe rebooting the whole shebang will correct it.
No idea. Just saw it on that page, haven’t did it yet. To be honest
i havn’t flew the Mini since I got the FPV.

No idea. Just saw it on that page, haven’t did it yet. To be honest
i havn’t flew the Mini since I got the FPV.
Haven't flown my Mini in about a year. Fly my Air2 exclusively. Thought about 2 minutes on the FPV - but decided not for me - cost and features. Hope you are enjoying yours. A buddy bought one and it's cool - just not my style at the moment.

Reactions: dirkclod
Well, were up to 1.4.8 now.. I'd have to look at what Firmware rev is on my Air 2.. since you installed it I assume, not noted issues and the features it discusses work ok?

Well, were up to 1.4.8 now.. I'd have to look at what Firmware rev is on my Air 2.. since you installed it I assume, not noted issues and the features it discusses work ok?
Weird - as I just updated it yesterday no less. Will have to check for sure.

Weird - as I just updated it yesterday no less. Will have to check for sure.
the App Store notes it appeared 2 days ago, I know its on DJI's site if your using the apk

the App Store notes it appeared 2 days ago, I know its on DJI's site if your using the apk
Fully Android and my settings are set for auto update from DJI - which I have postponed when 1.4.2 came out and seemed to have issues. When I did the update - said it was 1.4.4.

Fully Android and my settings are set for auto update from DJI - which I have postponed when 1.4.2 came out and seemed to have issues. When I did the update - said it was 1.4.4.
Yup for us android folks that's the latest I was able to get.

DJI Fly found on DJI Fly - Download Center - DJI it shows 1.4.2 but it really is 1.4.8 when you download it.
Yup that's what the apk has in it's filename. Did you sideload it and is it showing 4.8 in the app? I updated it from the DJI site an hour ago, not the apk. The update was listed 4.2 but actually updated the app to 4.4. The app now shows currently updated to 4.4.

Yup that's what the apk has in it's filename. Did you sideload it and is it showing 4.8 in the app? I updated it from the DJI site an hour ago, not the apk. The update was listed 4.2 but actually updated the app to 4.4. The app now shows currently updated to 4.4.
Yes

Attachments

• PXL_20210702_203839627.jpg
    PXL_20210702_203839627.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
Either way it’s 1.4.8 now
It is not for Android. Just checked (7/4/2021 and it's up to date per DJI) and it's 1.4.4 on my FlyApp Settings / About page.

Have also flown several times and DJI changed quite a few things from 1.4.0. The "camera" file size setting on the lower right side of screen always shows 9999 - no matter what. It does, when touched - shows what internal and SD card file size, but that is it.

In video mode - instead of again file size in 1.4.0 - it now shows time remaining.

In camera mode (auto) - DJI goofed that one up IMHO. Before you had a vertical scale for + / - EV Exposure setting with the graduated changes you could make. Now it's a horizontal slider bar that I do not prefer. No idea why that change, but to me not for the better.

Since I live in the mountains and my AGL may be too low to scale them - I have set my max altitude higher. Now, it only gives me one warning I am over the 400 AGL. If I drop down below that level, land and change batteries, etc - the warning does not appear again. Less warnings I guess will help me pay more attention to the drone (location / VLOS) and other things than looking to see what the new warning is about.

That is about the extent I have found new and possibly NOT IMPROVED changes. Since I don't routinely use the different flight modes offered - no idea if any real changes made there.

Anyone else notice other changes in the update?

It is not for Android. Just checked (7/4/2021 and it's up to date per DJI) and it's 1.4.4 on my FlyApp Settings / About page.
The Android version of the DJI Fly app is a 1.4.8. Download the APK from the DJI web site (still labeled 1.4.2), once installed you'll find it is 1.4.8

Attachments

• PXL_20210702_203839627.jpg
    PXL_20210702_203839627.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: AZDave
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members