DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flyaway Mavic 2 Pro

Lukea777

Reactions
Hi everyone, I would love your discerning eye on my Flyaway issue. I lost my drone while it was in line of sight from me. It was 374 m away from me and 67m high. 88% battery remaining. RTH set and confirmed. GPS connection at all times.
Sudden loss of connectivity and then nothing.

I have been very blessed so far from the support of several people helping me out trying to solve this to have it replaced if possible.

DJI has been very polite and friendly. So far they have responded that they cannot see any significant issue with the .txt log. However, another individual said that the .DAT contains a number of items that may convince them otherwise. I do not understand the data at all and am reaching out for as much help as possible. Apparently, two other incidents with the same data logs resulted in at least one of them being replaced.

I have added all the files (possibly duplicated a couple) into a google drive and the link to the log viewer of the flight. The last link is the last bit of footage the drone had sent back to the controller.

Hi everyone, I would love your discerning eye on my Flyaway issue. I lost my drone while it was in line of sight from me. It was 374 m away from me and 67m high. 88% battery remaining. RTH set and confirmed. GPS connection at all times.
Sudden loss of connectivity and then nothing.

I have been very blessed so far from the support of several people helping me out trying to solve this to have it replaced if possible.

DJI has been very polite and friendly. So far they have responded that they cannot see any significant issue with the .txt log. However, another individual said that the .DAT contains a number of items that may convince them otherwise. I do not understand the data at all and am reaching out for as much help as possible. Apparently, two other incidents with the same data logs resulted in at least one of them being replaced.

I have added all the files (possibly duplicated a couple) into a google drive and the link to the log viewer of the flight. The last link is the last bit of footage the drone had sent back to the controller.

@sar104 or @Meta4 might be able to help you.

Hi everyone, I would love your discerning eye on my Flyaway issue.
Why do you say that the drone flew away?
It's almost certainly on the seabed underneath the last recorded position.

Why do you say that the drone flew away?
It's almost certainly on the seabed underneath the last recorded position.

Hi Meta4 I use the word fly away as this is simply what DJI has referred to it as. I assume it is in the water as well. Apologies for the misleading nature.

The DAT file event stream contains an error I've now seen 4 times, every time followed by a disconnect and aircraft failure. DJI replaced the aircraft in at least one of those cases:

136.599 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||
136.599 : 7488 [L-BATTERY][ERROR] CMD_BUTTON_STATUS error||

The DAT file event stream contains an error I've now seen 4 times, every time followed by a disconnect and aircraft failure. DJI replaced the aircraft in at least one of those cases:

136.599 : {task_e}INFO:i2c3 core recovery||
136.599 : 7488 [L-BATTERY][ERROR] CMD_BUTTON_STATUS error||

Wonderful thank you. I have recently asked them I review the .DAT file. I am waiting for them to reply. I am starting to wonder how many issues they are having with this. The flight times are all very similar as are the other circumstances around the disconnection of their drones.

Is there anything specifically that I might push with DJI with these two lines of code?

Regards.

Wonderful thank you. I have recently asked them I review the .DAT file. I am waiting for them to reply. I am starting to wonder how many issues they are having with this. The flight times are all very similar as are the other circumstances around the disconnection of their drones.

Is there anything specifically that I might push with DJI with these two lines of code?

Regards.

Did you read the other threads, especially this one? I would point out the errors and, if necessary, point out that they have replaced other aircraft with those errors.

I just recieved a reply from DIJ.

Dear Luke,

Thanks for your patience.

The unfortunate incident that occurred to your aircraft has been confirmed as a warranty case according to our second data analysis. If the aircraft couldn't be retrieved, we would like to offer you a 100% off coupon code for Mavic 2 Pro (without the remote controller and battery charger), which can be used on DJI’s online store:

I would like to thank them for the willingness to look deeper into the issue that I have expereinced.

Haha!!! @sar104, this is the guy I have been helping from the other group over here!!!!
I'll finish my post over there!!!

OK - so it's actually only three cases, not 4. I should have noticed that the files were identical.

Reactions: Lukea777
Yes. I am most disappointed that you could not even realise that those two lines of DAT code were the same????
@Bud walker can you please endeavour to implement 'sar104' as a condition in Datcon processing???
If you get it right???!! You just enter the info and it spits out a ticket!!
Present that at your local DJI shop... and they give you a new one!

Yes. I am most disappointed that you could not even realise that those two lines of DAT code were the same????

I did wonder briefly if he was the guy you were helping, but then I didn't actually make the effort to compare the records.

I recently sold my trusty Mavic Air to purchase a Mavic 2 Pro. Since DJI acknowledged this crash was due to a quality issue with their product, I sure hope they are working hard to come up with a firmware correction. I am still trying to develop the trust in the M2P that I had with my MA. Fingers crossed.

I recently sold my trusty Mavic Air to purchase a Mavic 2 Pro. Since DJI acknowledged this crash was due to a quality issue with their product, I sure hope they are working hard to come up with a firmware correction. I am still trying to develop the trust in the M2P that I had with my MA. Fingers crossed.

Presumably you don't imagine that there were no Mavic Air failures?

How old were the Mavic 2 Pro models that have been having this issue? Maybe a serial number run so we can see if it might have been a particular batch, or are we all flying something that may suddenly experience this same problem? Mine has been problem free and I am afraid to update anything since it has been flying perfectly.

Presumably you don't imagine that there were no Mavic Air failures?
No, I'm not presuming anything. I flew several missions over water with no issues with my MA. I never had an issue with the MA, so no presumption. I also have not had any issues with my M2P but I only purchased a couple of weeks ago and with the constant rainy weather here in Mass, I have only been able to fly a couple of times. Just don't want to lose a $1500 bird that I can't recover and on a fixed income (retired) would not be able to replace..

How old were the Mavic 2 Pro models that have been having this issue? Maybe a serial number run so we can see if it might have been a particular batch, or are we all flying something that may suddenly experience this same problem? Mine has been problem free and I am afraid to update anything since it has been flying perfectly.

My one was activated in early January. It was also what DJI referred to as a USA version. Apparently, there are different versions in different regions. Can anyone confirm this?

No, I'm not presuming anything. I flew several missions over water with no issues with my MA. I never had an issue with the MA, so no presumption. I also have not had any issues with my M2P but I only purchased a couple of weeks ago and with the constant rainy weather here in Mass, I have only been able to fly a couple of times. Just don't want to lose a $1500 bird that I can't recover and on a fixed income (retired) would not be able to replace..

Understandable caution. All I can tell you is that the failure rate seems very low.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11