DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flyaway mavic 2 pro

marcellosan

Reactions
Hi,
one month ago, during my flight, I lost connection to my mavic. I was returning Home and I was 500 meters far and 300 meters height with 56% of mavic battery. I went immediately to last position known but I did’nt see and found it. Recently I found it destroyed. No useful information from read data from remote control. Now I read file.dat of the last flight from aircraft and send it to dji ( aircraft is under warranty).Does anyone help me to analyze the file of my last flight ? I read the very interesting initial post about encryption of this file but I’m trying to ask .
Tanks
Marcello

Re " No useful information from read data from remote control. "
What "remote control" are you talking about, do you by any chance use the smart controller? If not and and you are using either an RC1A or B? then the logs are on the viewing device, not the controller.
Keep a copy of any logs that you recover.
I was led to believe that the logs off the actual drone are encrypted and unreadable by anyone other than DJI. I would welcome correction on this as I'd love to read the logs on a borrowed M2P.

Last edited by a moderator:
No useful information from read data from remote control. Now I read file.dat of the last flight from aircraft and send it to dji ( aircraft is under warranty).Does anyone help me to analyze the file of my last flight ?
You would have to post your data for anyone to be able to help.
Post the .txt file from your phone or tablet too as the data might be more useful than you realise.

Meta4, since you quote the OP and do not question etc. ".....from read data from remote con...." I am wondering, is there data stored on any of the controllers and if so how is it accessed?

Meta4, since you quote the OP and do not question etc. ".....from read data from remote con...." I am wondering, is there data stored on any of the controllers and if so how is it accessed?
I just wanted to see the data that he's looked at and said wasn't very useful.
It's going to have come from his phone or tablet of smart controller.
There's no data stored in an ordinary controller.

Waiting for logs. Always interesting to see the cause. Helpful for us all to learn from mistakes or flaws.

First step, upload your log so the experts can review it (I am not one of them!)

Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide
what kind of log do you want?
here the links to dats of last 4 flyght:
tanks

Re " No useful information from read data from remote control. "
What "remote control" are you talking about, do you by any chance use the smart controller? If not and and you are using either an RC1A or B? then the logs are on the viewing device, not the controller.
Keep a copy of any logs that you recover.
I was led to believe that the logs off the actual drone are encrypted and unreadable by anyone other than DJI. I would welcome correction on this as I'd love to read the logs on a borrowed M2P.
I used a default controller dy DJI and I post the data shared with aidata over it.
tanks

You would have to post your data for anyone to be able to help.
Post the .txt file from your phone or tablet too as the data might be more useful than you realise.
I don't have actually file txt and I don't know how to find it.
I'll try on monday because I don't have my aircraft with me.
Tanks

I just wanted to see the data that he's looked at and said wasn't very useful.
It's going to have come from his phone or tablet of smart controller.
There's no data stored in an ordinary controller.
From the data stored in a remote control/iphone the flight was regular, I sent over it data shared with airdata, If you need differet data please ask me.
I'm non so able with this kinds of data but on monday (actually I don't have aircraft with me) I'll try
taks

I tryed to share over it, may you see?
Yes ... I was able to get the .txt file from Airdata.
Here's what that data looks like: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
You were correct, the data does not have any clues to solve the mystery.
The drone was high above any obstacles, had enough battery and was making good speed towards home when the data just stops.
Was the wreckage near the last position or was it somewhere else?

I don't have actually file txt and I don't know how to find it.
I'll try on monday because I don't have my aircraft with me.
Tanks

The txt file is available from the AirData link that you posted - no need to post it directly.

Unfortunately the log doesn't shed any light on what happened - the aircraft was flying forwards and descending in sport mode. There were no obvious sudden maneuvers before the log ends. It is possible, though unlikely, that the mobile device DAT file ending FLY070.DAT might have some additional clues. The aircraft DAT files that you posted are encrypted, and only readable by DJI.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf