DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying 2 Drones At the Same Time On The Same Account

StubbornSwiss

FAA Registered
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Do excuse me if this has been discussed before. I did a search and couldn't find an answer - maybe I was using the wrong criteria.

Say I want to fly my MA2, and have my nephew fly my MM at the same time (of course, using different devices), would this be possible while having both devices logged into my DJI account at the same time? If yes, would both flights be logged by DJI?

If not, could I just set up a new account on DJI for when my nephew flies the drone and then just log back in with my account when I fly it?

Thanks for any assistance.

Stay safe!

Reactions: Dronage and E90RAW
Say I want to fly my MA2, and have my nephew fly my MM at the same time (of course, using different devices), would this be possible while having both devices logged into my DJI account at the same time? If yes, would both flights be logged by DJI?
Two Phantoms flown on two controllers on the same account.
No problem.
DJI_0119a-XL.jpg

Thanks guys. Appreciate the quick responses. Couple of my nephews will be over this weekend, and they are eager to get some time on my drones.

Nice photo, Meta4. I've actually been thinking about doing something like that myself. Get both drones set up, take one up to altitude, let it hover, and then take off with the second one and use it to take photos/video of the first one. Just haven't had the nerve yet!!!!

Reactions: E90RAW
I've actually been thinking about doing something like that myself. Get both drones set up, take one up to altitude, let it hover, and then take off with the second one and use it to take photos/video of the first one.
It would halp if you shoot with a Mavic zoom.
Having two with wideangle lenses means you have to get much too close for comfort to be able to have the drone prominent in the frame.
ANd when you put two up close to each other you really notice how much they wander at random.
I've never tried again .. it was too scary.

It would halp if you shoot with a Mavic zoom.
Having two with wideangle lenses means you have to get much too close for comfort to be able to have the drone prominent in the frame.
ANd when you put two up close to each other you really notice how much they wander at random.
I've never tried again .. it was too scary.

Yeah...... hearing this from a seasoned flyer like you makes me even less inclined to try it. Too many things can go wrong! I can just imagine myself scrambling to switch from one controller to the other, and messing things up!

Thanks for the feedback!

Do excuse me if this has been discussed before. I did a search and couldn't find an answer - maybe I was using the wrong criteria.

If not, could I just set up a new account on DJI for when my nephew flies the drone and then just log back in with my account when I fly it?

Stay safe!
OH YEA- Nothing better than two drones in the air at once. And the DJI software is irrelevant to your flight and how many drones are up.

Attachments

• IMG_0514.jpeg
    IMG_0514.jpeg
    420.8 KB · Views: 26
  • org_0be1e83def5fc2b1_1581164254000 (1).jpeg
    org_0be1e83def5fc2b1_1581164254000 (1).jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 25

Stay safe!
I captured this whilst time lapsing a sunrise with my M2Z and than had my M2P up checking things out. You can briefly see the M2P off to the left. Addend:sorry wont let me download mp4

Last edited:
Two Phantoms flown on two controllers on the same account.
No problem.
DJI_0119a-XL.jpg

Great lighting there. Is that the Glass House Mountains in the background? Shots like this make me feel even more homesick.

Yeah...... hearing this from a seasoned flyer like you makes me even less inclined to try it. Too many things can go wrong! I can just imagine myself scrambling to switch from one controller to the other, and messing things up!

Thanks for the feedback!
Not to mention it's a violation of FAA rules for one pilot to man two drones at the same time. Bring a friend, even if they don't know how to fly they can be holding one control and keeping it fixed while you move the other around. That way you'll be safe and legal. :)

Not to mention it's a violation of FAA rules for one pilot to man two drones at the same time. Bring a friend, even if they don't know how to fly they can be holding one control and keeping it fixed while you move the other around. That way you'll be safe and legal. :)
Does not apply to recreational pilots/operators 14 CFR Part 107, following

• Always avoid manned aircraft.
  • Never operate in a careless or reckless manner.
  • Keep your drone within sight. If you use First Person View or similar technology, you must have a visual observer always keep your drone within unaided sight (for example, no binoculars).
  • You cannot be a pilot or visual observer for more than one drone operation at a time.
  • Do not fly a drone over people unless they are directly participating in the operation.
  • Do not operate your drone from a moving vehicle or aircraft unless you are flying your drone over a sparsely populated area and it does not involve the transportation of property for compensation or hire.

Does not apply to recreational pilots/operators 14 CFR Part 107, following

• Always avoid manned aircraft.
  • Never operate in a careless or reckless manner.
  • Keep your drone within sight. If you use First Person View or similar technology, you must have a visual observer always keep your drone within unaided sight (for example, no binoculars).
  • You cannot be a pilot or visual observer for more than one drone operation at a time.
  • Do not fly a drone over people unless they are directly participating in the operation.
  • Do not operate your drone from a moving vehicle or aircraft unless you are flying your drone over a sparsely populated area and it does not involve the transportation of property for compensation or hire.
Beg to differ. Fact Sheet – Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Regulations (Part 107). Mentions NOTHING about having a Part 107 license...only that the rule (like all the rules) are under Part 107.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada