DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Flying a drone over an active volcano in Iceland

San_Marino

Reactions

It doesn't take much drone-piloting skill to make Iceland look good. Here are some shots of Fagradalsfjall volcano, Seljalandsfoss waterfall, and Vatnajökull glacier. The lava flow has blocked all foot traffic close to the volcano. Thanks to the drone I was able to see right into the cauldron.

Thanks for sharing - good Stuff! Amazing shots wonder what the temperature rising was on the drone itself. I like the video going from red hot to cool water very nice!

Stay Safe - Mike

Reactions: San_Marino
Fantastic video. Thank you for posting. How lucky we are to have affordable drones available to record these amazing high resolution images as the next stage in the development of photography around the world. ????

I think it would be hard to make a less-than-great video in Iceland!

Thanks for sharing - good Stuff! Amazing shots wonder what the temperature rising was on the drone itself. I like the video going from red hot to cool water very nice!

Stay Safe - Mike
Thanks, Mike. I was warry of the heat so I didn't get too close. For most of the flyovers, I was over 200 ft from the lava. That being said it was still probably very hot. We walked up to some magma that was miles away from the cauldron and it felt like a furnace.

Wow, good stuff ! Out of interest, what height for overflying the volcano, to save your 'bird getting toasted ?
Thanks. I was at least 200 ft from the magma on the flyovers. I was talking to another drone pilot that was flying and he said he flew over a lava field the other day and it melted the plastic on the bottom of this drone. But he was flying 15 ft above the magma.

Fantastic video. Thank you for posting. How lucky we are to have affordable drones available to record these amazing high resolution images as the next stage in the development of photography around the world. ????
Thanks, David. I agree 100%. The whole time I was flying I was thinking about how amazing it is that we have access to this technology. You aren't short on amazing views yourself, living in New Zealand.

Reactions: DavidT_ NZ
Good video! Good mix going from hot to cold!

Thanks, David. I agree 100%. The whole time I was flying I was thinking about how amazing it is that we have access to this technology. You aren't short on amazing views yourself, living in New Zealand.
I envied that footage over the volcano! Just water cool your drone before you end up with a “DJIBurger”! ? ? ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada