DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Above Forest Fires in The U.S

fly4fun

Reactions
I just watched in amazement a video posted in a forum showing a Mavic flying very close to a forest fire. Recently in Durango, Colorado all air fire fighting support was temporarily grounded because of drones flying too close to the fire. The officials then had to divert services from fighting the fire to catching the drone operators which became a high priority. The reality of the situation because of the incredible stupidity on the part of the drone operators is that lives and homes and were put at risk due to lack air support and diverted manpower. Most of us would like to less government regulations for flying drones but with the lack of good judgement of a few people we all are going to have to deal with more regulations.

Reactions: wes
I think that drones can play a legitimate part when it comes to legitimate news gathering. I see press helicopters being replaced by drones.

I think that drones can play a legitimate part when it comes to legitimate news gathering. I see press helicopters being replaced by drones.

I seriously doubt that in such national disaster type situations would a drone ever be allowed in close proximity to manned aircraft ops, the press helicopter are in constant contact with other pilots, they can stand off some distance and have expensive zoom lens cameras that can still get up close shots if needed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU