DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying absolute and relative pre-planned routes. Best strategy?

lomposlapos

Reactions
What are the best ways to fly the following two pre-planned routes with M2P?

1. Route along absolute waypoints (defined by lat/long and elev)

2. Route along waypoints relative to takeoff (defined by radius and distance relative to takeoff, and elev)

What are the best ways to fly the following two pre-planned routes with M2P?

1. Route along absolute waypoints (defined by lat/long and elev)

2. Route along waypoints relative to takeoff (defined by radius and distance relative to takeoff, and elev)

Can you redefine what you mean in #2 please?

#2. for example, fly along the following 4 pre-determined waypoints (1-4). radials and distances are relative to takeoff point:

1. takeoff,
then direct to:
2. 90 degree magnetic radial, 500 m distance along the radial, cross at 1000 feet above MSL,
then direct to:
3. 120 degree magnetic radial, 800 m distance along the radial, cross at 600 feet above MSL,
then direct to:
4. takeoff position and hold at 200 feet above MSL

#2. for example, fly along the following 4 pre-determined waypoints (1-4). radials and distances are relative to takeoff point:

1. takeoff,
then direct to:
2. 90 degree magnetic radial, 500 m distance along the radial, cross at 1000 feet above MSL,
then direct to:
3. 120 degree magnetic radial, 800 m distance along the radial, cross at 600 feet above MSL,
then direct to:
Did someone mention it’s navigation time using a map, scale and compass?! :)

Oh, I guess you could do that between using the GoogleEarth tools and Virtual Litchi Mission, if you must. :(

1. takeoff,
then direct to:
then direct to:
then direct to:
So basically you want the same relative mission no matter the location of the take off point. Kinda like Quickshots.

The drone only understands above take of point height but Litchi mission hub can use google earth to determine the above ground height and translate that to above homepoint height. It doesn’t use MSL for obvious reasons.

So you can do this but probably not in the programmatic way you want. You’ll need to stag the mission around to where you want it

Reactions: AMann
So basically you want the same relative mission no matter the location of the take off point. Kinda like Quickshots.

The drone only understands above take of point height but Litchi mission hub can use google earth to determine the above ground height and translate that to above homepoint height. It doesn’t use MSL for obvious reasons.

So you can do this but probably not in the programmatic way you want. You’ll need to stag the mission around to where you want it

You are right, he’s going to have to use the tools GoogleEarth provides to calculate his waypoints and load them into LVM afterwards, or do it the old fashioned way a lot of us learned using a map, compass and engineer’s scale.

Reactions: brett8883
... one important detail. wherever i fly these pre-planned routes i have no Internet/phone connection.

Can Litchi do this on the smart controller or I need the Android phone set-up as controller for such flight?

... one important detail. wherever i fly these pre-planned routes i have no Internet/phone connection.
You can save Litchi routes to your phone/tablet.
There's no need for internet/phone connection to fly them.
But there's no way to create a mission for your #2 case and be able to fly anywhere.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50