DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying after a boat...oops about the height...

roadkilt

Reactions
I was chasing a boat over the ocean, the Air keeps up with no issue in sport mode. Tricky part was I was standing on a hill above the water and so my height readings on the teeny iphone display were all negative numbers. I didnt exactly know what was true sea level, plus against the dark background of water it was almost impossible to see until I popped it up into the sky again. Only after I watched the video on the computer did I realize I was literally inches away from smacking the boat windshield, and/or injuring my friend. Stupid noob error even though I’ve been flying for 5 years. All turned out fine but new learning for me on knowing the true floor when flying below your home point.

I was chasing a boat over the ocean, the Air keeps up with no issue in sport mode. Tricky part was I was standing on a hill above the water and so my height readings on the teeny iphone display were all negative numbers. I didnt exactly know what was true sea level, plus against the dark background of water it was almost impossible to see until I popped it up into the sky again. Only after I watched the video on the computer did I realize I was literally inches away from smacking the boat windshield, and/or injuring my friend. Stupid noob error even though I’ve been flying for 5 years. All turned out fine but new learning for me on knowing the true floor when flying below your home point.

Thumbs Up . . great visuals with the spiraling wake

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S