DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying & filming with Goggles (unusable: reset shortcut needed)

PaoloOne

Reactions
I have tried both head-tracking modes and to be honest I have found quite uncomfortable both of them, especially if trying to get a smooth footage. I was sitting on a chair and using the .900 firmware.
a) While using the "Head tracking flight" I have found myself with the Mavic continuously spinning on the left and if I was turning my head to the right I could only reduce or stop that rotation without any chance to start a right yaw, even by using the yaw stick to the right, had to exit.
b) While using the "Head tracking gimbal" the discomfort was not less since the "bulls eye" icon is not helping at all into letting you recenter to the flight direction.

Two features are absolutely needed for an efficient usage:
1) A shortcut to reset/recenter the gimbal just by pressing a button, the C1 or the C2 for example.
2) A way to exclude completely the left and right head tracking of the gimbal so leaving just the up and down.

What you guys think? Do you agree? Anybody has any tip to give to get to use the tracking without loosing control/orientation?

Great subject I definitely need help with !

Does anybody have suggestions into the steps to avoid the confusion and overwhelming of these, they are absolutely marvelous. Please don't misunderstand they are great! But steap learning curves involved.

Great subject I definitely need help with !

Does anybody have suggestions into the steps to avoid the confusion and overwhelming of these, they are absolutely marvelous. Please don't misunderstand they are great! But steap learning curves involved.
You are absolutely right, lots of videos around on the same things, like "best camera settings", but none on how to use the goggles.
I also think that there should be an option to use the RC buttons as shortcut to reset the orientation and enter and exit the different tracking modes. Swiping on the touch pad is not convenient and fast enough!

You are absolutely right, lots of videos around on the same things, like "best camera settings", but none on how to use the goggles.
I also think that there should be an option to use the RC buttons as shortcut to reset the orientation and enter and exit the different tracking modes. Swiping on the touch pad is not convenient and fast enough!

Has anybody figured out what those advanced setting are ? They can be found on the bottom of settings AR settings i believe is how its stated?

Has anybody figured out what those advanced setting are ? They can be found on the bottom of settings AR settings i believe is how its stated?
The AR (Augmented Reality) settings are only to display or not the arrows when flying in fixed wing and tap to fly modes.

Reactions: mig25
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61