DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying from inside a vehicle

slr001

Reactions
So, given that I am lazy... and like temperature controlled environments.

Why don't I see people flying from inside their vehicles? I don't mean while moving. Just if I am flying from some given location, sitting inside with the heat or AC going and being comfortable..

I am assuming the signal loss with all of the metal and glass of a car interior is a problem?

So, given that I am lazy... and like temperature controlled environments.

Why don't I see people flying from inside their vehicles? I don't mean while moving. Just if I am flying from some given location, sitting inside with the heat or AC going and being comfortable..

I am assuming the signal loss with all of the metal and glass of a car interior is a problem?
Aside from the attenuation of rf which will diminish your control, video and telemetry feed.....
  • Your situational awareness is compromised
  • You loose aural sense for any approaching aircraft
  • VLOS is hindered by the window frame and surrounding bodywork

Reactions: mattmjm
Outside of the signal attenuation, those other 3 issues mentioned could also be said for FPV flying?

Which is why you should have a spotter when flying FVP or in your case somebody to stand outside of the car not in the temperature controlled environment :)

Aside from the attenuation of rf which will diminish your control, video and telemetry feed.....
  • Your situational awareness is compromised
  • You loose aural sense for any approaching aircraft
  • VLOS is hindered by the window frame and surrounding bodywork
Lol. I guess you could say your first and third points are also a problem when driving the car.

Reactions: Exception

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike