DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in a public shopping centre?

Kevieboy

Reactions
Yeah, cos this is totally legal. Pretty sure toy vendors are not exempt from mandatory casa regulations...

865806dbc9b23e7b0e98edcc2260518d.jpg

Private property? This is in a Woolworths shopping centre, buzzing around over the general public's heads.. this is only one photo. Prior to this there were 2 little old ladies that got quite a fright when it was coming toward them. If this was any of us flying over a crowded beach or footy game we'd get slammed. So why should it be any different for a toy salesman in a temporary rented indoors space with a distance of 2 or 3 metres?

WTF.

Indoors is not part of the regulated airspace that aviation authorities have a say about anywhere I know of. You do whatever you want as long as whoever rents you the place if it's not yours is OK with it.

You make a point Kev. One injury and legislation will begin.

Reactions: Wersh
Plus if it dips down behind the counter...legally he will be flying that out his L.O.S...he is ruining it for all of us[emoji54] should be banned!

Reactions: skeester
I do believe there are provisions for "toys" to be used in public. It likely falls under balloons and even Kites outside. The very least of our worries.
There is a post about a fast moving object caught on video while leisurely flying over a forest fire. Put some reprimanding energy into that stupidity. There is clearly a major violation happening there.

The problem around my area is not drones hurting people but actually full size planes and helicopters which fly right over people. We lost a man and his wife a few months ago in a helicopter crash and he had sold a helicopter a while back and it crashed also. We have had several plane crashes too. No rc model injuries so far and I started flying in the 80s. The most dangerous time at the flying field was when full size planes flew right over our heads or did hammerhead stalls over us. I saw where one man died at a stunt show while trying to jump from a plane wing to a helicopter skid! and that is legal! It seems some just cant stand it that a drone has not killed or hurt someone. Its like the only dangerous thing in the world right now is a drone lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929