DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Austria?

jowlymonster

Reactions
Looking for advice on Austria with my Mavic Air 2 - this site: Drone Laws in Austria [Updated April 14, 2022] suggests that to fly anything with a camera you need to apply for a permit from the authorities at a cost of €300 or so... but it's not clear, as further down it refers to the usual EASA rules.
Anyone offer their experiences? I see one or two posts from people who've filmed there, did they cough up for the permit or just hope they didn't get caught?

Looking for advice on Austria with my Mavic Air 2 - this site: Drone Laws in Austria [Updated April 14, 2022] suggests that to fly anything with a camera you need to apply for a permit from the authorities at a cost of €300 or so... but it's not clear, as further down it refers to the usual EASA rules.
Anyone offer their experiences? I see one or two posts from people who've filmed there, did they cough up for the permit or just hope they didn't get caught?
That site you linked is not official. It's a volunteer maintained private project. Get the official information for Austria here: dronespace.at die Austro Control Drohnenplattform - Dronespace

Thanks- the official site suggests that my existing EU registration should be sufficient... I think.

Reactions: MS Coast
That is correct. Having lived in Austria for years I can tell you that there are a lot of people who just like reporting people, so if you fly, don't fly around people and don't film in villages or cities. Go out into the wild and film there, away from others. What are of Austria will you be visiting? Also, the cops are a pain if you happen to deal with them, so avoid that if you can. Otherwise, it is a fantastic country and I miss living there very much.

Hey, just saw this post. I'm visiting Salzburg and Tyrol next month. I'm hesitant about bringing my air2. do I need any license? is it allowed flying drone at some tourist view points?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54