DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Canada

syale

Reactions
I am British, living in the US and my drone is registered with the FAA. I am visiting my wife's family in Canada (she is still a Canadian citizen). I tried registering my drone on the Transport Canada website but cannot as I am not a Canadian citizen. The site asked me to fill in a SPOC as a foreign resident;

Are you a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada?
Foreign residents are not eligible to register or operate a drone in Canada. If you are a foreign resident and wish to operate a drone in Canada, you must apply for a Special Flight Operations Certificate.

Has anyone done this and is there anything to watch out for. I will be travelling there in mid December?

I am British, living in the US and my drone is registered with the FAA. I am visiting my wife's family in Canada (she is still a Canadian citizen). I tried registering my drone on the Transport Canada website but cannot as I am not a Canadian citizen. The site asked me to fill in a SPOC as a foreign resident;

Are you a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada?
Foreign residents are not eligible to register or operate a drone in Canada. If you are a foreign resident and wish to operate a drone in Canada, you must apply for a Special Flight Operations Certificate.

Has anyone done this and is there anything to watch out for. I will be travelling there in mid December?
why not just help your wife register the drone in Canada... problem might be solved.

Register yes but she needs a license also.
And transport Canada are very slow in responding for those kinds of ”special” permits.
It’s usually 2-3 months.....useless!

I registered my wife and got a number (had to get a GCKey first). So registration is not enough? What is the license called

Reactions: Thomas B
Drone pilots must carry a valid drone pilot certificate and only fly drones that are marked and registered

Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580