DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Copenhagen, and generally in Denmark [emoji1087]

nikkolaa

Reactions
Hi everyone,

After looking at some old posts in the forum, it became clearer but there are still some open points I'd like to clarify with you if possible

First, I understood we need to fill a formal request online, is it still true? +label with reference number on the drone, seems legitimate as there a registration to do..
Then is it mandatory before to enter the country? (with potential inspection at airport, that's what I mean)

The basic rules have been found online, ok, but what about the submission of the flight plan prior the flight? Only for Pro or also hobbyist?
I've seen topics letting me know cops are quite reactive to track you down to your landing point!

Thanks for the intel,
Cheers,
Nicolas

From what I can tell... You would not be allowed to fly in a city without a license.

“...Drone flights in built-up areas are only permitted with a drone license for a commercial purpose. Thus, such maneuvers can only be carried out after a training in Denmark. Thus, hobby pilots may allow their drone to rise only in undeveloped regions...”

Ok maybe I've read too fast :

"The built-up areas include all areas that are used for living, for leisure or for commercial purposes.

As examples of inhabited areas, the Danish aviation authority cites sports halls, camping sites, harbors and industrial facilities. Also, parks, beaches and other areas that are directly connected to an inhabited area must be counted to this areas"

So inhabited areas are the ones where hobbyist can fly? Or is it examples for the built-up areas? [emoji848]

HI Everyone, I'm going to Copenhagen this weekend and wanted to take my drone. We will be staying in Hellerup and visiting Nyhavn, Frederiksberg and Norreport. I did the test but if I read it correctly I can't fly my drone anywhere in central Copenhagen because the areas I mention above are all inhabited areas. But I also checked the Naviair map and it doesn't show any restrictions in Hellerup.
Can someone please help. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143