DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Daytona Beach

Mikes145

Reactions
I'm here for the week and brought my drone just in case. It's been awhile since I've flown it and I'm pretty sure I can't fly at this location because of the nearby airport? Or am I ok under 300'?
This is using Airmap.
ff1f9bc1b8f9d7476bca1189705d5504.jpg

I'm here for the week and brought my drone just in case. It's been awhile since I've flown it and I'm pretty sure I can't fly at this location because of the nearby airport? Or am I ok under 300'?
This is using Airmap.
ff1f9bc1b8f9d7476bca1189705d5504.jpg
I would suggest using the B 4 you fly app...it will be your best source of the information you're looking for...have fun, be smart, fly safe.

Reactions: Mikes145
Hello, it is my understanding that 300 feet is the max altitude in this air space.I use air map. I would fly, not exceeding 300 feet. Before you fly, use the automatic air space authentication. They will send you clearance via the app, if there is no problem. Best wishes!

DAB is where I went to college and learned to fly back in the early 70's. Lots of memories

Heres what B4UFLY says
And to add to all of this, you should check the DJI FlySafe map. Because no matter what B4UFly or any other third party app, it all boils down to DJI on whether your drone will get off the ground or not. Any app can tell you its ok to fly but if DJI has that location geofenced, you will not be able to.

A lot of locations simply require an unlock. If you are planning in advance, you can obtain the unlock in just a few minutes or do it on the spot.

And to add to all of this, you should check the DJI FlySafe map. Because no matter what B4UFly or any other third party app, it all boils down to DJI on whether your drone will get off the ground or not. Any app can tell you its ok to fly but if DJI has that location geofenced, you will not be able to.

A lot of locations simply require an unlock. If you are planning in advance, you can obtain the unlock in just a few minutes or do it on the spot.
I put it on the balcony and it let me start the motors after I agreed to the question.

Reactions: Capt KO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake