DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in fog or sea mist

Lapcat

Reactions
973E1324-1D90-44F3-A77A-25FC269B8259.jpeg I just took my Mavic on the beach for the first time. There was fog in the AM, but we took it for a flight, nonetheless. Always LOS. But when we finally landed, there was moisture on the arms. Wiped it off and ran the Mavic a while to ensure the inside was dry. So question is, any risks here with salt mist from the waves or moisture from fog? Would leaving the lens cover on help, or make a difference? Thanks.

I flew through some pretty dense fog at a remote island off Mexico with no apparent ill effects. After each flight the Mavic was covered with condensation that I wiped off immediately with a dry towel. Like you I worried about issues from the salt moisture in the motors and gimbal, but have flown many flights since then with no issues.

Well, if it somehow gets into the drone and enough enters to saturate the water sticker, turning it red, you can kiss your warranty goodbye.

DJI’s Care Refresh indicates it covers water damage. Not that I want the hassle of getting my Mavic Pro repaired. Thanks, FB . . . some reassurance that a little fog or sea spray is not the kiss of death. But would still like to know if anyone has had water damage other than from total submersion.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato