DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in India.

cheddar-man

Reactions
Anyone from India on here please?
Visiting India early next year and would like to take my Mini 2 BUT I have heard that these sub 250g are limited to only 50ft altitude. Is this correct?

India has detailed and rather complicated drone laws.
As I understand, foreigners (tourists) are not allowed to fly drones in India, period.
And it is correct that sub 250g drones are limited to 15 meters (50 feet) altitude.
Read here: Drone Laws in India [Updated July 14, 2022]

Visiting India early next year and would like to take my Mini 2 BUT I have heard that these sub 250g are limited to only 50ft altitude. Is this correct?
Moved to the appropriate location

Thank you waynorth, looks like it'll be staying at home😭
A visit to India is a wonderful experience even without a drone :)
I highly recommend travelling in the desert state Rajasthan, with the beautiful cities Jodhpur and Jaisalmer.

Reactions: Azizuddin
Interesting you should mention Jodhpur. I was at school with Duleep Singh who was the son of the Maharaja of Jodhpur. I wonder if he's still around, must make some enquiries. Of course the Maharajas no longer exist as they did back then.

Reactions: waynorth
I work with several families that are from India.

Reading the regulations for flying drones or other unmanned craft in India, it seems they are only categorised by weight.
So if I add a bit of weight to my Mini 2, taking it over the 250g mark, could it be classified as a Micro with a flight restriction of 250ft rather than a sub 250g Nano with a flight restriction of just 50ft?

Reading one of the "Laws" it would seem that anyone over 65 cannot fly a drone, or is that just that Indian nationals over 65 cannot get their permit?
Still looks like it'll be staying home!! We're going to Delhi, Darjeeling, Shimla and Goah.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121