DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Italy

Hursty

Reactions
Ok here goes, firstly evening all.
Going to sorrento end of this month. Own mm2, want to fly there. Licences and registered uk in open class. Read as much as poss to the extent head is now mashed. Could one of you chaps please lay it out idiot proof. Watta I gotta do for mamas sake. Eh Mario!
I thankyou in advance
Hursty

Going to sorrento end of this month. Own mm2, want to fly there. Licences and registered uk in open class. Read as much as poss to the extent head is now mashed. Could one of you chaps please lay it out idiot proof. Watta I gotta do for mamas sake. Eh Mario!
I thankyou in advance
Hursty
Take the EU A1/A3 test and register your drone in the EU. Easiest way is to set up operator ID in Ireland then you're covered as far as open category concerned

I thankyou in advance
Hursty
An EU license from any member country is accepted in Italy. I took the exam on the Irish website since it's offered in English. Later I found that France also offers the test in English and charges no fee. I paid about $30 for the Irish test. Details are here:

There are links in the article to the European aviation authority where you'll find all the regulations and requirements.

(I'm not Mario, but I can recommend a couple of good seafood restaurants and a great pizza place in Piano de Sorrento from a trip last fall.)

Reactions: Hursty
An EU license from any member country is accepted in Italy. I took the exam on the Irish website since it's offered in English. Later I found that France also offers the test in English and charges no fee. I paid about $30 for the Irish test. Details are here:

There are links in the article to the European aviation authority where you'll find all the regulations and requirements.

(I'm not Mario, but I can recommend a couple of good seafood restaurants and a great pizza place in Piano de Sorrento from a trip last fall.)
Ha like that, and yes any tips for Sorento gratefully received. Incedentialy did get any flying in whilst there?
D

Nobody obeys any rules in Italy
I wouldn't bank on that. When I was there last fall, I was amazed at how strictly covid precautions were observed and enforced. We travelled by train and I saw a total of only two people who took their masks off during part of the trip, out of hundreds- an elderly man on his phone and a teenager on his phone. Same in the train stations, museums, grocery stores, and galleries. Parking regulations were strictly enforced and I saw tourists being called out for sitting on the Spanish Steps.

Ha like that, and yes any tips for Sorento gratefully received. Incedentialy did get any flying in whilst there?
D
Just to the east of Sorrento try Artigianna Scotto for pizza and Fracatell on the harbor for seafood. There's a fried seafood sampler that's particularly good. Both are family-owned and -operated, casual, and reasonably priced in addition to serving very good food.

I didn't have an EU license at the time, so I didn't take a drone. Next time ...

Just to the east of Sorrento try Artigianna Scotto for pizza and Fracatell on the harbor for seafood. There's a fried seafood sampler that's particularly good. Both are family-owned and -operated, casual, and reasonably priced in addition to serving very good food.

I didn't have an EU license at the time, so I didn't take a drone. Next time ...
Cheers my man apreciate.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf