DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Italy

Gonzo66

Reactions
Hello,
I’m traveling to Italy soon. I would like to know if anyone has travelled and flown their Mavic recently in Italy and any advice they can share please.

I've flown my M2Z in different location in Italy, with no problem if you comply with the regulations. A lot of site can help you in French or English : Drone-spot ajoute les zones reglementées pour l'Italie, la Thaïlande et ajoute les pays où le drone est interdit or here, in English: Drone Laws in Italy | UAV Coach (2019) and: Fly drones in Italy for fun: what you can, what you can't - DronEzine
There is also a map showing (by zooming) the prohibed flying zones in Italy : Drone-Spot - Recherchez facilement, sur la carte, un spot où faire voler votre drone en France
Enjoy your flights in Italy!

Hi,
I was in Italy last month and flew my Mavic 2 Zoom on the island of Sardegna with no problem. I also flew on the hotel grounds from 2 different hotels. I asked permission before flying and both said it was okay.

It is important to check the maps. You cannot fly near prisons and military and police buildings. Also keep 5km from airports. Avoid flying over larger groups of people and over beaches where people are sunbathing. Pretty much the same as the US. You do need to show proof of insurance if asked. Probably local police will not know the actual rules so if you have documents with you then you should not have a problem.

Be very aware of entire cities/towns with drone bans. They're VERY keen on issuing large fines and do so regularly.
Venice for example fines have been issued well in excess of E10,000.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242