DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Las Vegas for a tourist?

StrayaMavic

Reactions
Hey all,

Work is sending me to Las Vegas tomorrow for a bit over a week. Im debating if I should bring my mavic with me.

Would love to get some desert shots or anything interesting. But I hear a lot of bad things about crime and the like in the area and i dont really know where is good to go. So not sure if its a good idea.

At the time of posting I have just over 12 hours to decide to pack it or not... thoughts? :D

Thanks!

If you’re only there a week and mostly for work, I’d leave it home. I drive through and around LV a few times a year, and if you’re not familiar with the area, you can get into some sketchy areas/situations. Plus having the airport near, you’d have to drive away from town and possibly towards the desert where you’d be deserted [emoji15]. There’s plenty of things to keep you busy around the hotels. One less thing to worry about carrying around or traveling with and how much daylight left after working?. If you were going there on a week vacation, different story.
In either case, have a safe trip[emoji106]

Edit-
I just reread your title and it sounds like your work is sending you for a week for vacation? If that’s the case, take it. That’s what it’s for, but check regulations and try to go where you can see anyone coming from any direction and be leery of anyone. Hopefully some locals are members here and chime in.

Thanks MichiganMavic! I think ill give it a miss this trip ;) thank you for the advice!

Stop in the Pawn shop from “Pawn Stars”. I hung out with Chumley for a day. Very cool guy. They really do Dumb up the guy while filming the show. Take in a few shows too [emoji106]. Lots to do in Vegas. Be careful and have fun. [emoji6]

Reactions: StrayaMavic
Las Vegas here..... worried about exploring local desert??? Who have you been talking to? There’s nothing to worry about.
Only restricted areas are taking off and landing from Red Rock conservation area and Valley of Fire state park along with being careful around airports (mccarran, n Las Vegas and Henderson executive. Oh, and Nellis of course).

Take it to Red Rock Canyon, you can fly it from within the conservation area and get some great footage

Reactions: Coskier
Hey, All I'm heading back to Nevada December 6th to the 10th to attend C.E.S
during my stay, I plan to fly at Red Rock, Valley of Fire, and MT Charleston I would love to meet up with local flyers.
I've heard that a few rules that have changed Red Rock, Valley of Fire, and MT Charleston can anyone elaborate.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121