DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Madrid & Barcelona Spain

AdamDom

Reactions
I’m leaving for Spain tomorrow and debating on taking my Mavic with me. Is it legal to fly in Madrid and Barcelona? I really enjoying taking city photos, but I want to make sure that I’m doing it legally. Any advice would be appreciated. I’ve searched through the forum and I can’t seem to find and agreed upon answer.

Apparently Spain has some of the tightest laws in Europe. I too was going to take mine in November last year until I read the heavy heavy fines or confiscation for just using it.

Hi,
Yes, in Spain the law regulating the drones is quite tough!
You cannot fly over the cities, nor over people with your Mavic. An you cannot fly over natural parks and other protected areas. And NEVER in the airports controled areas.
So, forget to take pictures over Madrid or Barcelona.
If you are caught by the police, they will not take your drone but you will be addressed to the Aerial Security Spanish agency and the fine could be over €10k.
In this link you'll find where you can fly in spain:

IcarusRPA - SKYDRONEX - DRONEX ®

I'm from Barcelona and I have to drive more that 30km to fly mi Mavic.
I wouldn't take the risk of flying over big cities.
All the best-

Hi,
You cannot fly over the cities, nor over people with your Mavic. An you cannot fly over natural parks and other protected areas. And NEVER in the airports controled areas.
If you are caught by the police, they will not take your drone but you will be addressed to the Aerial Security Spanish agency and the fine could be over €10k.

IcarusRPA - SKYDRONEX - DRONEX [emoji768]

All the best-

Thanks for the info. I’m leaving it at home now.

Hi,

IcarusRPA - SKYDRONEX - DRONEX [emoji768]

All the best-
Thanks for the map any idea what the different colours are? I'm going to Tenerife and Mallorca over the coming months and I am planning on taking my Mavic but like everyone on here want to make sure I'm flying legally etc.

The areas I'm staying look clear on the map but just wanted to know what the different coulors stand for.

Thanks

Thanks for the map any idea what the different colours are? I'm going to Tenerife and Mallorca over the coming months and I am planning on taking my Mavic but like everyone on here want to make sure I'm flying legally etc.

The areas I'm staying look clear on the map but just wanted to know what the different coulors stand for.

Thanks
No problems to fly in Tenerife or Mallorca, except crowdy places or cities, anyway when you're on both islands you'll probably want to fly in open spaces (mountains, beaches)

I’m leaving for Spain tomorrow and debating on taking my Mavic with me. Is it legal to fly in Madrid and Barcelona? I really enjoying taking city photos, but I want to make sure that I’m doing it legally. Any advice would be appreciated. I’ve searched through the forum and I can’t seem to find and agreed upon answer.
I'm from Barcelona and so far had no problem with flying over the city but there are new regulations from this year and yes, it's quite risky to fly over the city, you'd have to do it on your own risk

Hello,

In Spain is not permitted to fly any drone inside the Airports CTR nor the Heliports area. In the case of Barcelona, the airport CTR is huge. In my case, I drive around 30 km when I want to fly my drones.
Along the Barcelona shore, the CTR goes from Mataró to Calafell. You can take a look to IcarusRPA - SKYDRONEX - DRONEX ®

On the other hand, it's difficult that the Police caught you; but the fine could be considerable if they do. I wouldn't fly in Barcelona City.

There are a lot of nice places out of the CTR to take some images.

Have a nice trip.

px

Any nice spots that you can recommend anywhere around BARCELONA? I want to try my new Mavic and I don’t know where to go yet...
Thank you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580