DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Myanmar?

visaview

Reactions
Hello All,
Any information on flying Spark in Bagsn, as hobyist?
Petmit? Penalities?
Thanks,
Bill

Ive been to Myanmar / Burma several times. It is a wonderful country with friendly citizens if you respect what it is and represents. However, I have never traveled with a drone there. Things to keep in mind however are that it is still a militaristic, paranoid government. You can't think in Western terms when traveling there. There are not a lot of military soldiers hanging around with guns on every street corner and it is an easy travel for semi savvy Western travelers. The place the government has the control is that guides, drivers restaurant and hotel workers etc. have a great potential to be government informants and you never know who or what they will be reporting or find threatening. This is more of a threat to Myanmar citizens than foreigners but it can certainly get personal property taken away if it is perceived as a security threat. Tread lightly and respectful my friend and you will be just fine. Always keep in mind what happened to the college kid in North Korea who just wanted a souvenir poster. Stuff can happen and sometimes does if you forget where you are as there is no logic.

Ive been to Myanmar / Burma several times. It is a wonderful country with friendly citizens if you respect what it is and represents. However, I have never traveled with a drone there. Things to keep in mind however are that it is still a militaristic, paranoid government. You can't think in Western terms when traveling there. There are not a lot of military soldiers hanging around with guns on every street corner and it is an easy travel for semi savvy Western travelers. The place the government has the control is that guides, drivers restaurant and hotel workers etc. have a great potential to be government informants and you never know who or what they will be reporting or find threatening. This is more of a threat to Myanmar citizens than foreigners but it can certainly get personal property taken away if it is perceived as a security threat. Tread lightly and respectful my friend and you will be just fine. Always keep in mind what happened to the college kid in North Korea who just wanted a souvenir poster. Stuff can happen and sometimes does if you forget where you are as there is no logic.
Thank you for your reply.
Things are good until, they are not.

Thank you for time and post.
Was in Loas last year and discreetly flew a small Mavic. Was not much of a problem.
I am concerned about the Police State mind in Myanmar, it appears the government is slightly paranoid and I should tread lightly.
Food for thought.
Bill

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore