DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in restricted airspace

molson

Reactions
i am new to drones.
i bought a M2 Pro.
i live in Gig harbor, WA - far from the local airport, tacoma narrows, but my house is on the outer edges of restricted airspace because of it.
id like to get an aerial of my house.
does getting my drone license allow me to fly in restricted airspace?
how do persons take aerials of houses (for sale, for example) that are near airports?
thanks.

Getting your Part 107 license doesn't grant you additional privileges when it comes to flying in restricted airspace. Have you visited the FAA UAS Facility Maps to see where your house is positioned on the grid? Does it show a "400" in the square you want to fly?

Since it looks like KTIW is a NON-LAANC enabled airport you'll have to request authorization through the FAA Drone Zone website. The Pilot Institue has a great video detailing how to go about getting authorizations to fly in restricted airspace.

Getting your Part 107 license doesn't grant you additional privileges when it comes to flying in restricted airspace. Have you visited the FAA UAS Facility Maps to see where your house is positioned on the grid? Does it show a "400" in the square you want to fly?

Since it looks like KTIW is a NON-LAANC enabled airport you'll have to request authorization through the FAA Drone Zone website. The Pilot Institue has a great video detailing how to go about getting authorizations to fly in restricted airspace.

Thank you. The video is very helpful.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada