DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying In Restricted Areas

millbah

Reactions
I have been flying recently in an Authorization zone and I would like to share my experience for those who haven't got there yet. Unlocking best done on PC before the day with DJI fly safe, rather than with phone app on site. I request 1 day, but period given is 2 days - no problem flying. If you don't have the acceptance you won't get off the ground, that includes using DJI fly, Maven & Dronelink. My situation has been that an Authorization zone is usually close to a Restricted zone, so I have had problems when getting in too close to the latter while having clearance in the former. Getting a permit for a Restricted zone is a little more difficult for me when flying near a military airport. Coming close to the Restricted zone has caused my drones (M3 & MA2) to mess up and return home - see attached flight log of the M3. So beware of that one. My purpose was to map and photgraph real estate project in Medan Indonesia and only got 1/2 of it done. Note that there is a lot of data in the flight record -tells all.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2022-04-26_[10-18-35][1]csv.zip
    69.9 KB · Views: 15
Yep, pretty much a thing to know. Any time you plan to go out and shoot it's best to see if it's going to need auth in advance. Just like doing LAANC request here in the US, which is typically pretty smooth for the most part in various areas, but then you got that DJI Nanny software that requires you to go thru their own flysafe database (most other drones, or older drones with older firmware would still be able to take off, but it's up to you to make sure you're authorized).

Learned that the hardware here in Grand Rapids, where there's a spot just at the edge of controlled airspace, but the cell reception for T-Mobile is next to nil there and took a while just to get online to the flysafe site.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derekleeth