DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Rome and Pisa

Palmax123

Reactions
Hi guys

My brother and I are traveling to Rome and parts of Italy in about 3weeks time.

My question is, I have created waypoint flights for the Coliseum and the leaning tower with Litchi. The Coliseum flight is set up to do a few angle shots and would be flying around and over for about 12 mins.

How risky is this in terms of being illegal. The last thing I want is to be arrested or fined.

Has any Pilots done this yet? What should I do to avoid prosecution?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Alfred

Thank you for the article. Mixed feelings on this now, but will honor the code and refrain from jeopardizing the drone pilots freedom.

Best bet to avoid fine and or jail time.....DON'T DO IT!!!
If you have a permission from the authority then that's awesome.

Rome is an awesome place. I was there recently to watch a six nations rugby international but had loads of time to do a bit of sightseeing. The colosseum is spectacular but there's so much more to see and do. Alfresco street dining is the only way to eat watching the world go by. Have fun and keep both your drone and your self safe and happy.

Hi guys

My brother and I are traveling to Rome and parts of Italy in about 3weeks time.

My question is, I have created waypoint flights for the Coliseum and the leaning tower with Litchi. The Coliseum flight is set up to do a few angle shots and would be flying around and over for about 12 mins.

How risky is this in terms of being illegal. The last thing I want is to be arrested or fined.

Has any Pilots done this yet? What should I do to avoid prosecution?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Alfred
it's very very risky.. now im a local and i'll try to find one spot where I can take off and make a short video (come on is my city.. it'll be like a dream..)
but honestly is not that easy.. if you could find one terrace.. like top of your hotel.. then...

I am no expert on the legalities of flying a drone in Rome, but if it were possible there are a number of linked parks in the Villa Borghese area that would be a good place to fly if it is allowed for you to do so. From the top of the Spanish steps turn left, walk about 400 yards and follow a public walk way on the right hand side that takes you up to the park areas. This is an elevated position with great views of the city. Check out Google earth.

Im having the same problem. I will be in Rome in May 2018 and It would be very easy to take off from the private garden go up 500 ft or more and zoom across the city. Get 4k video of everything I want and return. Im not saying I would do it and im not advocating for anyone else to. That said I doubt anyone would see it or be able to catch it if they did.

Im having the same problem. I will be in Rome in May 2018 and It would be very easy to take off from the private garden go up 500 ft or more and zoom across the city. Get 4k video of everything I want and return. Im not saying I would do it and im not advocating for anyone else to. That said I doubt anyone would see it or be able to catch it if they did.
lol.. is not about seeing the drone ( rare..) but they can spot you flying it.. ;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun