DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in spain

habber

Reactions
Hi!
I am going to Spain this summer, and I would like to take my Mavic and get some nice footage mainly for sharing with my family.

I have been looking at the rules, and see that non-commercial flight should generally be allowed.

I know there are loads of discussions about the rules in Spain, but i havn't been able to find the answer to my specific questions, therefore I was hoping someone in here could help.

I am licensed for commercial flights within cities in Denmark.

If I wanted to do commercial work in Spain, what would it require?
Is it possible to get a license based on my Danish license?

During my search, I found this map: IcarusRPA - SKYDRONEX - DRONEX ®

I am not certain what the different marking are representing, and I am having I little trouble seeing if zones are totally off limits, or maybe just restricted to a certain height or alike?

Also, what is the distance requirements for airports?
To me, it looks like Malaga airport has an insanely large marking on the map.

Here in Denmark, the required distance to large airports is 5km.

and lastly what are the Green squares with yellow outlines?
- There are many of them at the most southern part around Gibraltar.

I hope someone can help!
I'm gonna live in Tommerlinos, and if all the zones on the map are No fly zones, I will have a hard time getting any nice footage.

Hi, I'm new to the drone scene, just got mine a couple of weeks ago and love it.
Along with many other people, the laws are all abit hit and miss.
Im off on a motorcycle rip to Valencia in a couple of weeks and was hoping to take it with me to film me and the lads on a quiet coast road in trace mode.
Im beginning to wonder whether i can take it with me now or if there is any point as the last thing i need is to get fined or get it confiscated.
I was hoping to film us out at sea on a scuba trip too.
Would i be risking it doing those activities?

I had no problems at all, at one point even the local police stood and watched, even got a few free drinks for taking aerial photos of beach bars and hotels.

I had no problems at all, at one point even the local police stood and watched, even got a few free drinks for taking aerial photos of beach bars and hotels.

Does GEO 4 NFZ and TRF operate in .Spain?
B4YouFly work in Spain?

I wouldn't know, I just used the dji go4 app and checked that I was ok to fly where I was

Thats one guaranteed method to unknowingly break NFZs. DJI Geo is only accurate or even used at all in a small number of countries. It doesnt cover even a small percentage of NFZs in most countries.

Reactions: vertigo
Thats one guaranteed method to unknowingly break NFZs. DJI Geo is only accurate or even used at all in a small number of countries. It doesnt cover even a small percentage of NFZs in most countries.
The app seemed to bring up more restricted air space than where I live in the U.K.,
I'm knew to all this stuff but are you telling me that app is purely a guide line?
Is there an app other than my local ATC app that covers all countries NFZ's?

The app isnt even a guideline, even DJI say this. There is no single app covering all NFZs.

The ONLY way is to get the local regulations off the local civil aviation website (pretty much all countries supply such data).

Restricted *airspace* is only one type of NFZ. There are plenty of local laws and bylaws preventing drone flying as opposed to other forms of aviation that aren't standard airspace restrictions.

Unfortunately drone bans are getting more and more common and a lot of that is due to users flying where they're not supposed to either because theyre unware or deliberately ignoring local regulations. Also be aware in Spain the fines for illegal drone use can be up to 400,000 euros. In 2015 the government made over 2 million in fines, its likely more now.
"The app let me do it" is no defence in law.

The app isnt even a guideline, even DJI say this. There is no single app covering all NFZs.

The ONLY way is to get the local regulations off the local civil aviation website (pretty much all countries supply such data).

Restricted *airspace* is only one type of NFZ. There are plenty of local laws and bylaws preventing drone flying as opposed to other forms of aviation that aren't standard airspace restrictions.

Unfortunately drone bans are getting more and more common and a lot of that is due to users flying where they're not supposed to either because theyre unware or deliberately ignoring local regulations. Also be aware in Spain the fines for illegal drone use can be up to 400,000 euros. In 2015 the government made over 2 million in fines, its likely more now.
"The app let me do it" is no defence in law.
Thanks for the insight, seems to be a bit more in depth than I anticipated, I bought my mavic purely for holiday photos and video, beginning to think I bought an expensive paperweight now.
I understand the rules are there for a reason, and I'm not one breaking them, intently anyway.
Thanks GnirtS

Hi,
I travelling to Mallorca at the End of August for holiday.
I want to use my drone for only non-commercial use.
The only site which I found about the exact rules for non-commercial use:
Flight restrictions of drones in Spain

Is it anything else I should take care? What do you guys think?
Do I need a permission from the government or something like that?

"Non-commercial and recreational use of drones
Should the use of drones be reserved for non-commercial purposes, the aircraft will be considered an “Aero model” and will not receive the legal treatment of a drone.

We would then face an aircraft model that performs aero model activities, which would be controlled by the Royal Spanish Aeronautical Federation (AESA) and corresponding regional regulations and local application.

The use of a drone for recreational use or as a mere hobby does not need to be authorized by the AESA. In any case, this does not mean that it is not subject to certain mandatory minimum safety standards such as:

• Before using a drone, it must always be visible and must not exceed 120 meters high
  • While it is not necessary to be a pilot, you should be able to fly with some confidence
  • The same restrictions applicable to commercial flying drones are applicable to recreational drones:
    • You cannot fly in urban areas or crowds of people
    • You cannot fly at night
    • It is forbidden to fly drones near airports or airfields as well as flying drones in areas where other flights are operating at a low altitude and endangering others."

Reactions: cesarcorreo
Basically follow the uk drone code of practice, locals seem to be very curious as do local tourists with drones and tend to hang around and watch, I just asked them if they minded being no directly on film etc.
Yes personally found it to be a positive experience rather than a negative one.
Double check where your allowed and not allowed to fly before hand.
As mentioned in a previous post, the dji app is only a guide and by no means a definitive yes no flying zone listing

Reactions: rickyjune
Hi,
I travelling to Mallorca at the End of August for holiday.
I want to use my drone for only non-commercial use.
The only site which I found about the exact rules for non-commercial use:
Flight restrictions of drones in Spain

Is it anything else I should take care? What do you guys think?
Do I need a permission from the government or something like that?

"Non-commercial and recreational use of drones
Should the use of drones be reserved for non-commercial purposes, the aircraft will be considered an “Aero model” and will not receive the legal treatment of a drone.

We would then face an aircraft model that performs aero model activities, which would be controlled by the Royal Spanish Aeronautical Federation (AESA) and corresponding regional regulations and local application.

The use of a drone for recreational use or as a mere hobby does not need to be authorized by the AESA. In any case, this does not mean that it is not subject to certain mandatory minimum safety standards such as:

• Before using a drone, it must always be visible and must not exceed 120 meters high
  • While it is not necessary to be a pilot, you should be able to fly with some confidence
  • The same restrictions applicable to commercial flying drones are applicable to recreational drones:
    • You cannot fly in urban areas or crowds of people
    • You cannot fly at night
    • It is forbidden to fly drones near airports or airfields as well as flying drones in areas where other flights are operating at a low altitude and endangering others."
All correct. I'm from Spain and I follow this rules. Another rule not written there... You are not allowed to fly in National parks and in ZEPA areas (ZEPA means zone of special protection of birds). Cartografía Red Natura 2000 - Gis&Beers

All correct. I'm from Spain and I follow this rules. Another rule not written there... You are not allowed to fly in National parks and in ZEPA areas (ZEPA means zone of special protection of birds). Cartografía Red Natura 2000 - Gis&Beers
Hey, Thanks for the answer! At first I was happy, then I opened the map which you linked. :D So basicly all the coasts are in this Bird Protected zones. Right? MALLORCA BIRD.png

Unfortunally yes. Most probably you could fly in this areas but under the risk if police or any other enviromentalist responsible see you. I usually fly close to Madrid in the borther (and a little inside) of a ZEPA with no problem, even one time the police saw me and we were talking about drones but ......
This other link is my Google Drive ( Zonas Vuelo - Google Drive ) with the forbiden areas

(Good luck)

Reactions: timrobin
I am leaving Norway on Saturday this week and I will be 3 weeks in Gran Canaria, I wonder if I can bring my drone and fly in Anfi Tauro with no problem? Anyone can help?

Hi

Danish Mavic pilot here.

I've done a week of mavic pro shots in Andalucia in the villages and in nature. No problem getting the drone there and flying in the local area. A local guy approached me saying in spanish that he had never seen a drone before. As far as I see, Anfi Tauro is a privately owned Golf Course. I would talk to the owners before filming there!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada