DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Sweden...

VodkaSiX

Reactions
Hello all,totally new to drones,but not to RC ,albeit quite a few years....i bought a mavic while abroad,knowing about the rules back in Sweden,and the new laws to be refreshed in august.just curious what anybody else is doing at the mo???you still fly???if so,Have you had any problems,legally??btw if there is any Swedes here all help greatly appreciated...english preferred

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello all,totally new to drones,but not to RC ,albeit quite a few years....i bought a mavic while abroad,knowing about the rules back in Sweden,and the new laws to be refreshed in august.just curious what anybody else is doing at the mo???you still fly???if so,Have you had any problems,legally??btw if there is any Swedes here all help greatly appreciated...english preferred
Howdy from Wyoming WodkaSix, welcome to the community. Plenty of great people and excellent information here.

Reactions: VodkaSiX
Welcome here...
Do you say the new rules are active in August 2017???

Hi.. welcome to the forum. I'm still flying but I do think twice before. I'm living in Stockholm and I would never fly my mavic in the city . There was a tourist that got arrested some weeks ago. But he did fly close too the government buildings. But if you fly outside the larger city's and not close to any airport or military base it would be fine. It's not the drone that is forbidden it's the camera. So keep the drone in the line of sight. And if you get any complaints from anyone be decent and gentle and tell them what you are doing. I always try too speak with everyone that seems interested and tell them that I do love to take epic photos of nature, historical buildings, family and stuff.
Hope this will help.
Cheers

Great.
I'm in Stockholm beginning of July. And we also visit the islands. That means I can bring the Mavic. I have a license and privacy is a big part of it. No issues with that. Water and the islands in between, not interested in people to film

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

Great.
I'm in Stockholm beginning of July. And we also visit the islands. That means I can bring the Mavic. I have a license and privacy is a big part of it. No issues with that. Water and the islands in between, not interested in people to film

You should know that its illegal too fly a drone with camera here in Sweden right now. Stockholm has always been a no fly zone because of the two airports. Many of the islands outside Stockholm is military training ground so be careful.

Hi.. welcome to the forum. I'm still flying but I do think twice before. I'm living in Stockholm and I would never fly my mavic in the city . There was a tourist that got arrested some weeks ago. But he did fly close too the government buildings. But if you fly outside the larger city's and not close to any airport or military base it would be fine. It's not the drone that is forbidden it's the camera. So keep the drone in the line of sight. And if you get any complaints from anyone be decent and gentle and tell them what you are doing. I always try too speak with everyone that seems interested and tell them that I do love to take epic photos of nature, historical buildings, family and stuff.
Hope this will help.
Cheers
Thanks.swedens a beautiful country,especially this time of year,I'm 50km outside goteborg and the countryside is stunning,Ariel shots are a must.but I'm not reckless,and trying to comply with the regs

You should know that its illegal too fly a drone with camera here in Sweden right now. Stockholm has always been a no fly zone because of the two airports. Many of the islands outside Stockholm is military training ground so be careful.
The go4 app pulls up no fly zones...right????

Reactions: VodkaSiX
Here is the link to the old no fly zones here in Sweden. The DJI map isn't correct.
LFV dronechart: LFV

Red areas are airports
Grey areas are military bases and training grounds
Don't fly in this areas!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Oyibo VFX
Here is the link to the old no fly zones here in Sweden. The DJI map isn't correct.

Red areas are airports
Thanks,greatly appreciated

Red areas are airports
thanks,greatly appreciated....:)

Reactions: lekrantz
I do still fly in the south of Sweden, but I usually stay out of the cities.

On three different occasions, the police drove past me while flying without even stopping to talk to me.

In general, I don't think they will have a problem with you if you fly responsibly and don't bother people or fly in obvious no fly zones.

I'm not encouraging you to fly, it is still illegal until August [emoji6]

On three different occasions, the police drove past me while flying without even stopping to talk to me.

In general, I don't think they will have a problem with you if you fly responsibly and don't bother people or fly in obvious no fly zones.

Tops. Really appreciate that

I wasn't looking for encouragement,just curious how others were coping,I'm going out tomorrow for a spell,im not a reckless flyer,never have been.its always LoS and with being new to the mav,still being amazed by its capabilities..

Reactions: lekrantz

Red areas are airports

Thanks for info! Clarified the markings on LFV. Great to have a Swedish discussion - good idea! Would anyone have more precise info as regards upcoming change in legislation in August?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa