DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in the Cold and legal to fly in Berlin and the swiss alps and zurich

mkaiser

Reactions
Hello

Guys i will be going to Poland and would like to know if its okay to fly and at what height in the Cold ?

I know the specks that DJI has up but I want to from from end users.

Also is it is legal to fly in berlin? and in Switzerland ?

Cold kills your battery life, so don't plan on being able to do extended flights - I was getting ~10minutes out of fully charged Mavic Pro batteries in Norway earlier this year in temperatures only just below freezing, so keep an eye on the charge indicator and maybe leave a little more margin than normal. Keeping spare batteries warm (room temperature) until ready for use will help maximise flight time and offset that a little. Cold can also make the plastic of the rotors more brittle, and you may also get water vapour condensing on the drone during flight depending on the conditions, so worth keeping that in mind too.

I'm not personally familiar with the rules for any of those locations, but temperature and ASL at takeoff are highly unlikely to have any bearing on regional flight rules in terms of AGL altitude, proximity to buildings/people, NFZs, etc. A search in the Regulations forum should provide reasonable current information on that front.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy