DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in windy conditions

MavicPro

Reactions
Flew my new mavic for the first time today. I have the fly more combo and was planning on flying all 3 batteries but decided against it as it was windy. I flew 1 battery though. Mavic held its position great, but was bouncing around alot. What would be your guess on wind speed by watching this video?

20+ mph, if you get a paid airdata account which is like 2.99 a month it will tell you the in flight wind speed.

Reactions: MavicPro
20+ mph, if you get a paid airdata account which is like 2.99 a month it will tell you the in flight wind speed.
How accurate is airdata in calculating wind speed? Does it account for short burst of gusts? As you can see in the video, it was really gusty, never really stayed at a steady speed. Also seemed to gust from different directions

How accurate is airdata in calculating wind speed? Does it account for short burst of gusts? As you can see in the video, it was really gusty, never really stayed at a steady speed. Also seemed to gust from different directions
Its pretty accurate it even tells you the wind direction, I looked at wind maps of the day I was flying it it was pretty much spot on the direction of the wind at the time. The wind data is also pretty close.

Ok checked on airdata. It seemed alot windier than its telling me it was.
???
bebbbc80f895dc094fbdfbebc57d7018.jpg

I'm out of answers, from what i've seen on mine its been pretty accurate.
I don't think mine recorded the wind accurately for whatever reason. Maybe being the first flight, it had nothing to compare it too? IDK

I use Airdata to see my speeds. I made this video below in average winds of about 22mph with gusts of 29mph. Almost all of these were first takes as it stayed very steady for all shots.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair