DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in your back yard

Clarky

Reactions
Im brand new, have a Mavic Mini.
I thought i'd get clarification before i get my bird in the air.

So...

I live in what could be considered a built up area however i have a large yard.

Could i fly the mini weighing 249g in said back yard. Perhaps even 50+ metres above it if i was to still remain within the perimetre of my property boundaries?

Or is it that clesr cut where when Drone Code says "Dont fly in built up areas" Its literally, dont do it ever?

Ive re-read the drone code but things do get confusing and a bit daunting when u start out.

Reactions: old man mavic
Im brand new, have a Mavic Mini.
I thought i'd get clarification before i get my bird in the air.

So...

I live in what could be considered a built up area however i have a large yard.

Could i fly the mini weighing 249g in said back yard. Perhaps even 50+ metres above it if i was to still remain within the perimetre of my property boundaries?

Or is it that clesr cut where when Drone Code says "Dont fly in built up areas" Its literally, dont do it ever?

Ive re-read the drone code but things do get confusing and a bit daunting when u start out.
if you stay inside your boundary then you are ok but you would be better off letting your neighbors know your intentions if they are home and also check that you are not in a restricted area because of a school or other official building nearer than 150m from you

Reactions: Clarky
if you stay inside your boundary then you are ok but you would be better off letting your neighbors know your intentions if they are home and also check that you are not in a restricted area because of a school or other official building nearer than 150m from you

Ive checked and i am on the outskirts of a Class D airspace.

I guess does that mean even though its 249g, i will still have to contact the tower to request permission?

Might suggest you call and talk to the equivalent to the FAA . They are the folks that wrote the rules and should be happy to clarify questions for you.

I would never fly in tight spots - when the S..T hits the fan you wont have enough room to do anything but panic.

Save yourself the grief and go to a baseball field or large field somewhere.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242