DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

flying indoors fpv while sitting outside

Lapeer20m

Reactions
I don't think i posted this before. Here is mavic, flying from outside to inside and through a building while the pilot is completely blind except for fpv........

Reactions: Bunny Too
I don't think i posted this before. Here is mavic, flying from outside to inside and through a building while the pilot is completely blind except for fpv........

Pretty crazy brother, slow day at the firehouse (a good thing.) I am a volunteer wildland firefighter out here Wyoming way.

I can do that .
Course I'm right behind it in tripod mode ;)

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I should try that at my local firehouse. I'm sure i'll end up with volunteer hours after that.

Dji should design a mini drone for indoor use. This would be really useful for shooting movies and tv shows. Like they could make a whole industry out of that. I mean the camera and gimble are really small and if u want something that will only fly till 50 feet it could be made really small like a few inches big.

Haha some guys sharper image indoor drone kept going up and went above 150 feet. And disappeared. Not bad for a two inch drone. Into the clouds.

This was a chief sanctioned activity.

The question was: can the drone fly inside a church or school through an open door/window to search for an active shooter while the operator is at a safe location.

You must have had the prop guards on, ya I seen you bounce off the truck within the first 15 seconds of the video LOL.

I don't think the mavic is ideal for indoor flying or for active shooter surveillance. You need a smaller drone like the sharper image one but obviously made by dji and 10 times the price.

I don't think the mavic is ideal for indoor flying or for active shooter surveillance. You need a smaller drone like the sharper image one but obviously made by dji and 10 times the price.

That is pretty much my assessment as well. Under the right circumstances, mavic might be able to be used for this purpose, but if the lighting is inadequate or any number of other variables are not correct mavic in this scenario would be useless.

Even if successful, this sort of operation is right on the edge of what is possible with this aircraft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929