DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Indoors without altitude restriction

Uhhjoe82

Reactions
Does anybody know how to fly above altitude restriction when flying indoors? I needed to take a closeup look at some light fixtures by a 25’ ceiling but couldn’t go past 15’. I disabled by basin sensors but it still wouldn’t let me go any higher.

If the GPS signal is weak, you'll need to disable the downward sensors to fly beyond an altitude of 16 feet.

Reactions: g36pilot
search here for a thread on how to activate atti mode.

Ok thanks I’ll check it out. I did disable vision sensors but for some reason it still sensed the ceiling.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Careful with ATTI mode. Its a different animal.
no need to be too careful - just be aware that drone drifts freely in the atti, so you need to keep an eye contact 100% and be VERY gentle with throttle.
as many stated before - it is a good idea to get prop guards and put them on when you fly indoors, no matter the size of indoors.
obviously, practice it outside first before turning it on in the house.

Reactions: Thomas B
Reactions: Rattydude77
Does anybody know how to fly above altitude restriction when flying indoors? I needed to take a closeup look at some light fixtures by a 25’ ceiling but couldn’t go past 15’. I disabled by basin sensors but it still wouldn’t let me go any higher.
Page 57 of your manual explains what you need.
Height is restricted to 16 ft (5 m) when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is activated.
Height is restricted to 98 ft (30 m) when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is inactivated

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada