DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying low over water; with obstacle avoidance on/ versus off.

Zo_0m

Reactions
I only attempted this with the MPP, the Spark is my goto drone for tight spaces (I've had it longer so...)
Flying low over the water with OA on is not recommended. The drone senses the reflections on the water, and randomly recognizes some of the reflections as obstacles. The drone would elevate slightly, or not want to continue on its flight path.

With OA off, the drone is MUCH more stable over the water, BUT, your eyes are glued to the screen (no spotter...yet) and I found that OA is a crutch I will slowly have to put down. I think the footage is going to be great (save any direct sun shots) however, I was much more cautious during the OA off runs.

I flew it in Normal mode, Tripod mode, and then turned off GO 4 and did a few LOS laps. I recorded footage from 2 perspectives; the drone and a Panasonic Lumix FZ80. I will be uploading some of the approved videos to youtube.

I will only edit the shots that require editing as I did change from DLog to Truecolor halfway thru battery #2. I am interested in the results. Also, the FZ80 is setup with the colors nerfed and the shadows +2 highlights are -2.

Matching the Drones settings to the Camera should be a snap

Lastly, I will be purchasing ND filters ASAP. The Sun wins..... it's like UNDEFEATED.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803