DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Mavic Mini in snowstorm

• Thread starter Deleted member 109934
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 109934

My temporary indoor flying permit got suddenly revoked today due to excessive dust when doing passes at low AGL. VLOS no VLOS entire house is NFZ until further notice from the minister of the house affairs. I didn't have to pay any fine, so it is a major score ;) But I was forced to go outside... and it was snowing. -5C felt like -15C

When flying from the escarpment I have noticed ALT is not updated and the entire flight was 1-2m above ground despite the fact I was 30m in the air, is that normal? Is Mavic Mini using a barometric altimeter or GPS, is it a bug or feature, is there any way to reset that, I wonder how RH would work in this situation, I didn't want to experiment before I ask.

Interesting that I’m getting a shaky gimbal in 30F temps and people are telling me it could be from the cold. Don’t notice it here.

I heard the same, but I do not experience this at all, I'm consistently impressed with how smooth it is. I can confirm another guy flying with me also did not experience it. Maybe it is Canadian winterized version. :)

When flying from the escarpment I have noticed ALT is not updated and the entire flight was 1-2m above ground despite the fact I was 30m in the air, is that normal?
You say the drone was 30 metres in the air.
What is important to know is, how high was it relative to the launch point?
You should have the altitude (relative to launch point) displayed and updated constantly.
Altitude data comes from a barometric sensor.

My temporary indoor flying permit got suddenly revoked today due to excessive dust when doing passes at low AGL. VLOS no VLOS entire house is NFZ until further notice from the minister of the house affairs. I didn't have to pay any fine, so it is a major score ;) But I was forced to go outside... and it was snowing. -5C felt like -15C

When flying from the escarpment I have noticed ALT is not updated and the entire flight was 1-2m above ground despite the fact I was 30m in the air, is that normal? Is Mavic Mini using a barometric altimeter or GPS, is it a bug or feature, is there any way to reset that, I wonder how RH would work in this situation, I didn't want to experiment before I ask.

Looks like the Minister of House Affairs (or one of her envoys) was keeping a tight rein on and monitoring your external flight affairs too. ;) ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb